PDA

View Full Version : LC-GTR-XU1 -Torana 'Project' near completion

thunder427
10-04-2012, 02:22 PM
.....I have in my workshop an LC/GTR/Torana (Dealer XU1)
It with out a doubt the best standard bodied vehicle I've had the opportunity to work with,absolutely no/never/isnt any 'Rust',its filed finished in black etch,has a brand 'New' Ian Tait' triple (Brand new /Real ones) Weber Carbs etc,Bathurst spec 202 6cyl motor,blue printed/balanced (Chrome dip-stick!!),Custom alloy radiator /Brand new (never seen water),Hollinger built factory 4speed / Brand new,Harrop full floating rear end/Brand new,Harrop disc brake front end/Brand new,Race suspension (super low),full Taverna Chassie connector rails,full detailed under body/boot /engine bay,Period correct 'roll-over hoop aqnd supports (not welded in),factory long range gas tank (find one of these??),,New 'Simmon's wheels and new tyres,this car was being built for the street and is still on original rego,,it has the letter L-in the vin for 'Luxury/GTR was XU1 spec'ed by the orig Qld dealer,purchased new as an XU1 (Documented)...Customer has out grown the desire to race people and offers this brilliant little car for somebody else to finish, have finished ,then enjoy, Over $80k invested....your own 'Bathurst Torana 'Tribute' car,,,the complete package for $45k...

I'm happy to discuss the possible completion of this project, (great Muscle Car Masters 'Clone' contender) But I must stipulate that the 'price is the price', it would wreck-out for more....regards Myles Johnson.......

All work to-date has been carried out in my shop, over a period of time, the standard required by the customer was of a no compromise standard, Lets build it once and lets do it right!!!!