PDA

View Full Version : Des Wall

Steve Holmes
11-28-2012, 02:42 AM
Sad to hear of the passing of long-time Australian Sports Sedan racer Des Wall. Des raced the Bryan Thomson V8 Toyota Supra Sports Sedan for many years, and still owns it. I believe he was considering returning the car to its original guise, as the Bob Jane Monza.

Des was also a big enthusiast of motorsport history. He owns and raced the famous Pete Geoghegan 67 Mustang, and had the Bob Jane HQ Monaro restored to its original Improved Production guise.

His son David currently competes in the V8 Supercar championship.

A sad loss. RIP.

lisian_1275
11-28-2012, 08:04 AM
Thats no good at all.
Our condolances to his family. Will certainly be missed in Motorsport, a great fellow and racer.
RIP Des.

kiwi285
11-28-2012, 09:17 PM
I had the good fortune to see Des driving the Geoghegan Mustang on several occasions and he certainly didn't pamper the car. Was great to see.

Condolences to his family and fellow racers.

GD66
11-28-2012, 10:20 PM
That's bloody sad. Des did a heap for the sport very quietly, was always very competitive and as you've pointed out, was instrumental in not just getting the Geoghegan Mustang back on track, but used to stand on it hard. A good man gone too soon.

zombie289
11-29-2012, 05:29 AM
Really sad to hear, was in awe of his supra/monza watching it blast around Sandown and Calder. He seemed like a real humble, nice bloke. RIP.

bry3500
11-29-2012, 07:49 AM
one of the real good guys - so sorry to hear, R.I.P Des

darren
11-29-2012, 02:54 PM
RIP Des.

AMCO72
11-29-2012, 10:26 PM
I didnt have the pleasure of meeting Des, or in fact any of the numerous blokes whos deaths have been recorded on the Roaring Season, and they are mounting up.
But I hope in fact that they are NOT 'Resting in Peace'. I hope they are roaring around the 'Highways of Heaven' dealing to each other as they did in real life. Judging by the comments on here, all these Guys were real characters who enjoyed life to the full. I'm sure they would be appalled to think they were 'RESTING', instead of driving some crazy high powered machine to the delight of all and sundry.
I am not interested in going to Heaven if all I do is REST....... 'Travel well you guys'

NB....this is not a relgious statement, mearly a wish.

bry3500
12-21-2012, 10:16 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biUouuwTEnY