PDA

View Full Version : Lance Butler

Ross Hollings
12-03-2012, 01:53 AM
Does anyone know this name ,from the Bay of Plenty area raced a single seater [?]. Interested to know about him,his name came up when speaking to another Kiwi in a caravan park in WA .

GD66
12-03-2012, 02:21 AM
There's a small light twinkling in the back that says Formula Vee...

stubuchanan
12-03-2012, 02:27 AM
Does anyone know this name ,from the Bay of Plenty area raced a single seater [?]. Interested to know about him,his name came up when speaking to another Kiwi in a caravan park in WA .

Lance Butler was a pharmacist from the Bay of Plenty who raced in Formula Vee in the 1970's. I followed up an ad of his for Baypark programmes of that era - he apparently held the FVee lap record there at one stage and wanted printed evidence for "Grandad's Brag Book"!! By coincidence, he knew my late father who was in the pharmaceutical trade for many years.

He has a Royale RP24 Formula Ford but I don't know if he raced it back then. He talked about trying it out in classic car events in due course.

Stu

Russ Cunningham
12-03-2012, 07:02 AM

Hello Ross,

Lance is still alive and kicking in Whakatane. Lance was one of the "early" FV racers.
He still has the Royale F.F. Never raced it but loaned it to Walter York who raced it for a season. "Walter York"? you may ask??? A lovely chap and a good mate but don't ask his wife about him!