PDA

View Full Version : Murray Maunder Signing In!

Murray Maunder
05-26-2011, 07:20 AM
Hi all you guys and girls and thanks to Steve for this site and inviting me!

About me - nothing too exciting.
A young race fan from the late 60s at Baypark till closure.
Raced motorbikes (Yamaha 2-strokes) 1979 - 85.
Locked horns with Pete Hanna, bless old Pete, when we co-promoted endurance events for bikes at the old track.
Got seriously into TV Motorsport as a cameraman and sometimes field director from 1997.
Last year produced DVD of the inaugural NZ Festival of Motor Racing which is sold by the Bruce McLaren Trust (excuse the quiet plug, they need your support!).
I have plans for a couple of new nostalgia "films" over the coming 6 months and some pipedreams of others if I can find some footage.

Before Pete Hanna died he told me about his extensive collection of photos, video cine film as well as programs, posters and memorabilia. He was particularly diligent in looking after all this stuff and I know that somebody out there has all/some of the collection. I used to go up to his last Baypark office after the track closed unless I'm mistaken. Occasionally Denny would wander in and the conversations would be rather, interesting, and expletive-laden!

If anyone can help me to locate this precious resource I would be grateful as I am hoping to document some of NZ's rich history of motorsport into motion picture form.

I can be contacted directly or you can correspond on this forum.

My email is
murray@visionproductions.co.nz

Cheers everybody,
Murray Maunder :)

Kiwiboss
05-26-2011, 08:04 AM
Welcome onboard Murray, Steve has a great Kiwi Motorsport forum going here!!! having you is a great addition with all the knowledge i know you have!!!

PS: call is sometime but not after next thursday as im US bound!!

Dale Mathers

Steve Holmes
05-29-2011, 09:11 PM
Hi there Murray, its great to have you here, and we'll be looking forward to your contributions.

nigel watts
06-16-2011, 06:47 AM
Hi Murray.
Just found this site today and joined straight away
Cheers
Nigel

Murray Maunder
06-17-2011, 09:47 PM
Great to have you on board Nigel, how far back does your motorsport photography go? I've just been blown away by the Mike Feisst collection. Last time I saw you would have been the bikes at Hampton Downs IIRC.

Hope you enjoy the great memories and some of the exchanges here, we should catch up some time since we live in the same city!

nigel watts
06-17-2011, 10:46 PM
I've got a few shots I took when I was living in Oz in the late 60's & early 70's, a few more in the UK between '73 & '78 [inc 76 & 77 Le Mans], but the bulk of them start from when I returned here in '79 to the present day.

Grant Sprague
05-16-2015, 08:47 AM
So looking forwards to seeing ..... was a fantastic time to be in UK thank you ....... Grant