PDA

View Full Version : The Peter Hanna Collection - Video and Photos???

Murray Maunder
05-26-2011, 07:40 AM
I know Pete had a huge archive of photos, video, cine, programs, posters and assorted memorabilia which he assiduously looked after. I occasionally visited the last Baypark office (open after the old track closed unless I'm mistaken) and most of the time he seemed to be filing stuff and telling tall tales with a thread of truth. A character was Pete "&#%$@! you!" :D

I was a kid who used to hang out at Baypark in the 60s when I was still at school and that era and the next 10 years or so is my favourite set of memories of racing. Last year I produced the DVD of the inaugural NZ Festival of Motor Racing which the Bruce McLaren Trust sell and I have further video projects in the pipeline. A pipedream at the moment is a "film" of big banger and single seater racing in NZ in the 60s and 70s.

I am seeking information on where Pete's precious collection may be, I have heard vague and unlikely rumours but nothing concrete. If anyone here may be able to steer me in the right direction the reward would be the inclusion into a future "film" of the era.

Hoping someone will contact me.

Murray Maunder

Kiwiboss
05-26-2011, 08:08 AM
Along with all the photo's Peter use to throw my way!! i believe Don White has most of the others!! i spoke with Don possibly 2 years ago and he said anytime i wanted to look to call around!! I not sure what Graham Pierce ended up with? but when he past away i believe Mike Rorison got some of the stuff!! must check with him!!

Dale Mathers

Grant Sprague
02-22-2013, 04:58 AM
I know Pete had a huge archive of photos, video, cine, programs, posters and assorted memorabilia which he assiduously looked after. I occasionally visited the last Baypark office (open after the old track closed unless I'm mistaken) and most of the time he seemed to be filing stuff and telling tall tales with a thread of truth. A character was Pete "&#%$@! you!" :D

I was a kid who used to hang out at Baypark in the 60s when I was still at school and that era and the next 10 years or so is my favourite set of memories of racing. Last year I produced the DVD of the inaugural NZ Festival of Motor Racing which the Bruce McLaren Trust sell and I have further video projects in the pipeline. A pipedream at the moment is a "film" of big banger and single seater racing in NZ in the 60s and 70s.

I am seeking information on where Pete's precious collection may be, I have heard vague and unlikely rumours but nothing concrete. If anyone here may be able to steer me in the right direction the reward would be the inclusion into a future "film" of the era.

Hoping someone will contact me.

Murray Maunder

Hi Murray , I knew Peter very well as did you I guess , could tell you a few stories. The Guy you need to talk to is Don White [an other petrol head mate, you might have heard of him did lots of pics etc for Bay Park , plus media coverage with Colin & BK [Brian Kelley] all locals here , but Start with Don White he will have lots of the membrobilia , if you get stuck get back in touch no probs . Grant .......

Grant Sprague
02-22-2013, 05:01 AM
Hi Dale , just saw yr reply , we must have a catch up 4 a beer soon & a chin wag , meeting the boys to night at Greers ??time just runs away I guess you are in new w/shop by now ?, Talk soon Grant ..........

Murray Maunder
02-22-2013, 11:50 AM
Thanks Grant, I remember the name, can't pick the nose as they say. Will ask around. Great to see all the pictures of Baypark slowly appearing though.

Kiwiboss
02-23-2013, 12:17 AM
Great to have you on the Roaring Season Grant, lots of fantastic info on here which you and family were involved in!! and yes lets catch up sometime!! not in new shop yet, lack of dosh at the moment!!

Dale M