PDA

View Full Version : Schedule S - survivors

Shoreboy57
02-19-2013, 01:19 AM
It may not have been the most loved of Touring Car series but back in the mid-90s I was involved with Greg Brinks campaign in the Schedule S Touring Car Class - Lynx sponsored Toyota Carina, which I think was an ex-Toyota factory car.

Do we many survivors from those days?

crunch
02-19-2013, 03:48 AM
I know the Pateman Telstar is still running down South. Also think one of the original Allport Telstars is somewhere in the Hawkes Bay after being a Targa Camera Car? for a while. Must still be some Commodores such as Ed Lamont's around somewhere still...what else run?

Kiwiboss
02-19-2013, 07:29 AM
This could be a future "Historic" race class if enough cars are found? i'd like to see that!!

Dale M

Steve Holmes
02-19-2013, 07:37 AM
There were two of them at the Denny Hulme event, the two Yellow Pages Ford Telstars. One was the Radisich car, but I can't remember who his team mate was.

Powder
02-19-2013, 08:08 AM
There were two of them at the Denny Hulme event, the two Yellow Pages Ford Telstars. One was the Radisich car, but I can't remember who his team mate was.

I think the Rat's team mate was Nigel Arkell, and I guess they were the same cars that Geoff Short and Barrie Thomlinson ran later on, before switching to the Lexus'/Altezzas. Mike John collected Telstars for a while, he may still have one. I recall travelling from Hastings to Manfeild to watch the Rat only too see him taken out in a startline crash in the first Touring Car race of the day and the car was too badly damaged to continue the day's racing. It was one of those reverse direction race meetings that they tried at Manfeild, but I don't think it was the day Murphy went bush.

A Corona/Carina with Castrol stripes had a big crash on the 'hill' at Pukekohe in late '99, I think the driver might have had a trip to hospital. That might have been the Brink car mentioned earlier.

I think Aaron Harris still has his BMW.

Powder
02-19-2013, 08:30 AM
Barrie Thomlinson at Turn 1 Pukekohe 1999.... he didn't catch it. :)

shellsport
02-19-2013, 09:52 AM
It may not have been the most loved of Touring Car series but back in the mid-90s I was involved with Greg Brinks campaign in the Schedule S Touring Car Class - Lynx sponsored Toyota Carina, which I think was an ex-Toyota factory car.

Do we many survivors from those days?

Where did the TKR Primeras go ?

markec
02-19-2013, 11:43 AM
Denis Ham from Dunedin has one of the Alfa's, still runs it at historics and hillclimbs.

kiwi285
02-19-2013, 07:41 PM
Mike John still has one of the Telstars. It was at the Hulme Festival but put a leg out of bed in the first race and wasn't seen again unfortunately.

Andrew McKenzie has several Corona's and Hayden was driving one at the second weekend. Ken Smith was driving the Brinck car at the Amon Festival but he didn't appear to have much racing in it.

John McKechnie
02-19-2013, 07:50 PM
He came out and did a warm up with us in HMC ,was around me, then went in. Watched his race, but he came in part way through.

Shano
02-22-2013, 09:58 AM
Where did the TKR Primeras go ?

There was one parked at the Hulme Festival on the second Sunday - didn't see it racing, but it looked good.

Carlo
02-22-2013, 07:48 PM
Noddy Murdochs Corona is still around and is undergoing a bit of attention in Ashburton

Haga
02-22-2013, 11:03 PM
Ex Fogg Primera is here in Taranaki.....get used in SS2000 every now and again.

conrod
02-23-2013, 10:22 AM
Mike John still has one of the Telstars. It was at the Hulme Festival but put a leg out of bed in the first race and wasn't seen again unfortunately.

reminds me of the good old days!
Most of these cars are still around, the 2x BMW 320i 4 doors are in the Sth Island, both 325i coupes in the Nth Island, one is raced regularly in the BMW series (although not by Aaron Harris) Pateman still has his Telstar, and is still crashing into everyone, two Telstars ran in the Gp.A and historic class at HD Denny Hulme (there were more "Allport Telstars" but can't remember how many, maybe 4 in total?) I believe the ex Geoff Short car has been converted back to 2.0L;) Lamonts old Corona was running in Invercargill, and as someone said one of the TKR Primeras was at HD on display. You could probably get the whole "class of 95" back together if you really wanted to! Well the cars anyway, the drivers have mostly moved on......

Shano
02-23-2013, 10:08 PM
TKR Primera at Denny Hulme Festival - needs a bit of lovin'.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v298/benderboat/TKR%20Primera/IMG_1369_zps1a3cf91b.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v298/benderboat/TKR%20Primera/IMG_1368_zps81e36d5e.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v298/benderboat/TKR%20Primera/IMG_1366_zps3e1fab5f.jpg