Quote Originally Posted by Jizim View Post
I bought this car off Bruce and Wayne and all the spares. Gave the car it's first ever win which was at Baypark. This car was never a Sports Sedan and I raced it here in NZ in Group A for a number of years. This is the original Mustang from Aussie and the Anderson Bros built the Number two car up later. which suffered at the hands of Charger Sports Sedan driver Graeme "Gladys" Addis when he wrong slotted the Gettrag gearbox into 1st gear at railway Corner of the B & H track at Pukekohe badly damaging the car into the flaggies point...then again as a practice leading up to Wellington Street Race Wayne Anderson put the car onto its roof at Manfield. This is the car that Rex Findlay had.........Robbie Kerr had the Green DJR car which was was hot rodded with bigger 9 inch diff flares etc and later to be restored back to original and on sold. Robbie and I had some real head to head battles and I was happy to say that I ended up quicker by one hundreth of a second....one of the best cars I ever owned. Oh and the quickest time I had round Baypark was a 60 dead....Puke was a 62.4 on the Old GP track..... Just recently sold by Kiwi star Brett Maddren in Australia for Aus$175,000 ! Regards, Tony Rutherford
Thanks Tony. They were good looking cars those Mustangs. Both the Anderson cars now race in Historic Group C/A in Aus, restored back to the Picepac livery. I remember one of them being for sale on Trademe approx 7-8 years ago for about 35K, seems their value has gone up quite a bit since then!

There was another Group A Mustang that raced in NZ, a white one owned by Bruce Flemming. I wonder where this car is now?