I have a sneaky suspision that the HMC boys dont really want us, the U3L, with them, and I fully agree. Although it was a stirring sight at the festival with all these cars mixed up, the fact of the matter is that it was a 'convenience' thing. I have no doubt in my mind that Dale and his boys will be able to field a full grid of proper Muscle cars next festival, or before.

Where does that leave the U3L brigade ?
Arthur Vowels is a bit worried that this class is not attracting many new entries, and I dont know what we can do to improve the situation. The theory is that spectators come to these events to watch. Maybe they race in another class now but see U3L as a better alternative and decide to have a go. You cant do anymore. If the racing grabs people they may be tempted to try it themselves.

But I think if it could be got off the ground as it were, the Historic saloon cars racing together would be magic. As you say a lot of these machines are already up and running, so is just a matter of getting them altogether.......yeh right!!!!!

By the way the 0-1000cc class were racing on Dunlop slicks for both the 70/71 season and the 71/72 season.
I refer you to the MSNZ manual no35 page 480 where it states clearly that a historic race car should compete on the rubber it was on in period.

The Amco Mini would be very happy tooling around with these guys. Howabout you also stipulate that the ORIGINAL driver/s do the driving!!!!!!!!!!!LoL