Thread: Where Are All The '70s And '80s Photos?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Milan Fistonic View Post
    The only other shot I got and it was in the background again.

Name:  86 NM 7 15.JPG
Views: 1918
Size:  113.2 KB
    The #15 Commodore looks very similar to the car Steve Ross, from Dunedin, raced in Sports Saloons in the 90's. Same colour, same wheels. The big deal at that time was that it was a genuine GpA car. I believe that he still owns the car

Could this be the one Allan Mason campained in the Nissan Mobil [I think 1992 ] We lent him an axel at Wellington
    Quote Originally Posted by spinner32 View Post
    The #15 Commodore looks very similar to the car Steve Ross, from Dunedin, raced in Sports Saloons in the 90's. Same colour, same wheels. The big deal at that time was that it was a genuine GpA car. I believe that he still owns the car

Quote Originally Posted by mark powell View Post
    Could this be the one Allan Mason campained in the Nissan Mobil [I think 1992 ] We lent him an axel at Wellington
    Mark, no I'm pretty sure the Mason car was the Bowkett Sleepyhead bed VK, converted to a VL.

Quote Originally Posted by spinner32 View Post
    Not the same.
    The car rod drove was a VHSS updated to VK, and last seen in the hawkes bay. Some one may know its ware abouts but its MIA.

Steve ross car started life as The Bowkett, Sleephead car. and was built by roadways, went on to be the pink purple billington car and did another bathurst in 1987 (16 laps) with graeme crosby, and billington. Went onto dave barrow, and a few others then steve ross. It was in our shed for a few while, and is now in Sydney, and i understand its close to finished, being rebuilt in VK bathurst 1987 livery.