Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Where Are All The '70s And '80s Photos?

This photo was sent to me by Steve Twist, but he doesn't have much info on the car. Can anyone recall this car, and who drove it? Looks like it could have actually been from a B&H race?

Name:  Falcon.jpg
Views: 3015
Size:  152.7 KB

Try Steve Borich and Robbie Francevic.

Robbie Booth also a relationship with Lyon Motors (Jerry Lyon and his sons name escapes me)
    Last edited by Rod Grimwood; 05-20-2013 at 08:26 PM.

Lyon Ford Falcon B&H 1974

[QUOTE=Steve Holmes;28967]This photo was sent to me by Steve Twist, but he doesn't have much info on the car. Can anyone recall this car, and who drove it? Looks like it could have actually been from a B&H race?

Name:  Lyon Ford Hairpin B&H Puke2 1974.JPG
Views: 2992
Size:  147.3 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by BMCBOY; 05-20-2013 at 10:45 AM.

Thanks you guys. I had assumed from Steve's photo the smoke was a result of powering up the skinny tyres, but looking at your shots there Ross it appears the smoke is coming from the motor?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Holmes View Post
    Thanks you guys. I had assumed from Steve's photo the smoke was a result of powering up the skinny tyres, but looking at your shots there Ross it appears the smoke is coming from the motor?
    Steve, Steve, Steve, motors are electric!!!!!!!!!LOL

Journeyman Racer
    I allways thought that was tyre smoke too! the photo taken by Ross Cammick below mine looks like it is taken on the exit of the same corner i took mine from which is the loop on the old circuit. I wonder if it is the same lap as the old Falcon looks like it aint going to last much longer? Perhaps we were about 30 feet away from each other or certainly roaming around the same area at the same time.I think the drivers were Borich/Franiceveck. Looks like Robbies driving style! Now I know its in 1974

Quote Originally Posted by hilstwist View Post
    I allways thought that was tyre smoke too! the photo taken by Ross Cammick below mine looks like it is taken on the exit of the same corner i took mine from which is the loop on the old circuit. I wonder if it is the same lap as the old Falcon looks like it aint going to last much longer? Perhaps we were about 30 feet away from each other or certainly roaming around the same area at the same time.I think the drivers were Borich/Franiceveck. Looks like Robbies driving style! Now I know its in 1974
    I'm pretty sure mine was taken exiting the hairpin - it looked a lot different those days!!

Top photo is going into loop on long curcuit (used for club curcuit) and Ross's top photo is out of haipin, second is going into 'Elbow' and she does have a dose of asma.

Borich driving top of Ross's photos and Robbie in other.
    Last edited by Rod Grimwood; 05-22-2013 at 04:57 AM.

A few more 1974 B&H Photos

Name:  Datsun Toyota B&H 1974.jpg
Views: 2716
Size:  141.4 KB

Name:  No11 Charger in B&H2 1974.jpg
Views: 2724
Size:  142.2 KB

Name:  Datsun Torana B&H 1974.jpg
Views: 2635
Size:  125.6 KB

Name:  NAC Charger B&H 1974.jpg
Views: 2621
Size:  126.1 KB

Name:  Torana Datsuns B&H 1974.jpg
Views: 2583
Size:  156.0 KB

Name:  Charger Mazda B&H 1974.jpg
Views: 3022
Size:  155.8 KB

Journeyman Racer
    I thought I knew every inch of puke in those days but can't figure out where on the circuit is the shot that has the Datsun and Torana in it? great photos by the way!

I thought I knew every inch of puke in those days but can't figure out where on the circuit is the shot that has the Datsun and Torana in it? great photos by the way!
    Just out of the lefthander after the hairpin - Puke has changed since those days!

Yep. What about the composition of the elbow shot of the Charger and the Mazda ? In the distance, an identical duo are battling into Railway. Nice shooting, Tex !

Quote Originally Posted by GD66 View Post
    Yep. What about the composition of the elbow shot of the Charger and the Mazda ? In the distance, an identical duo are battling into Railway. Nice shooting, Tex !
    As you say amazing thing is both groups are Charger verse RX2 what chances of snapping it like that

Photos from Mayfair 100 ( pre 1974 B & H )

Name:  Charger Mayfair 100  Puke 1974.jpg
Views: 2955
Size:  143.6 KB

Name:  Tim Bailey Dino Mayfair 100  Puke 1974.jpg
Views: 2975
Size:  141.9 KB

Name:  ToranaMayfair 100  Puke 1974.jpg
Views: 2915
Size:  146.6 KB

Name:  Adams BMW Mayfair 100  Puke 1974.jpg
Views: 2925
Size:  148.1 KB

Name:  Miles Falcon Mayfair 100  Puke 1974.jpg
Views: 2909
Size:  149.2 KB

Name:  Datsun SSS Mayfair 100  Puke 1974.jpg
Views: 2856
Size:  142.2 KB

Journeyman Racer
    Whos driving the Ferrari? Could be Tim Bailey who owned Continental car services on Great south Road AK. I had a great view of that place from my office right across the road in the 70s and 80S.he normally raced Porches though. I used to love gazing out my window back then there was a lot of exotic machinery coming and going from that place!

Tim Bailey Dino

Yes it was Tim Bailey

Name:  Bailey Dino Mayfair 100  Puke 1974.jpg
Views: 2596
Size:  119.6 KB

Superb photos Ross! The GT-HO Phase III is the famous ex-John Goss car which made its way to NZ sometime in 1973.

Note the Geoff Sutherland E49 Charger. Isn't this the car that went off into the spectator car park at Bay Park in 1975, landing upside down in between two spectators cars?

Same Charger, but before the accident.
    The car was not repaired for quite a few years.

Thanks John, I'm amazed it was repaired at all. The roof was completely flattened.

Here is a Warwick Clayton photo showing the Sutherland Charger after its Bay Park antics.

Name:  22.jpg
Views: 2707
Size:  164.2 KB