Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: H&C Commission at the Legends of Speed Meeting, Hampton Downs

Quote Originally Posted by Carlo View Post
    Straight from the rule book, As you can see any Clubsport car that is a dedicated motorsport vehicle the logbook is a mandatory item

1) Issue and use of Logbooks: MotorSport NZ issues Vehicle Logbooks on receipt of a
    completed application form and fee. Logbooks are used to record all relevant
    information pertaining to a vehicle’s competition history.
    (2) Requirements: It is recommended that all vehicles have a Logbook, however for the
    following vehicles a valid Logbook is mandatory:
    (a) All vehicles competing in a Series, and
    (b) All Purpose Built and all Dedicated Motorsport Vehicles, and
    (c) All vehicles requiring a LVV / MotorSport Authority card, and
    (d) As required by the Event Supplementary Regulations.
    So to put this simply; if you have a standard road car, you dont need a Log Book. This covers clubsport to circuit racing, EXCEPT where some events such as SOME gravel hillclimbs stipulate you must have roll protection (so then you would need a logbook). This is up to an organiser to decide.
    As far as circuit racing you don't. It does say if you are competing in a series you to, but I have got round this one in the past by simply not registering for a series, but entering the races. It was a few years ago...and I do have a couple of oldish Fords in the garage that are my old road cars and I might want to bring them out one day, just as they are.

Hi Crunch I will be there SAT.
    To have A chat with you Crunch on SID Mk 111 Role cage ECT complete with A log book and full photo history of car and I will bring my COD swinger AND A SMILE Jamie A

In the latest Australia Muscle Car on page 15 they have a wee article on the Historic Motor Racing scene over in Aust, it mentions CAMS COD's for Group A and C Saloons costing just under $1000, they say it adds more than that amount to car values!! Hmmmm aren't we lucky here in NZ with COD's under $100.

Dale M

Can't see a bog standard $4,500 MGB GT or MGF bought off TM, increasing to $5,500 just because it has a CoD Dale!

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwiboss View Post
    Hmmmm aren't we lucky here in NZ with COD's under $100.

Dale M
    hmm with the salary/wage difference across the ditch (and govt closing the gap plans....well...only getting wider apart) it is about right here in NZ.