Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Photos: The Ian Peak Collection - Part 2

Wigram 69

From the 69 programme.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Fantastic. Thank you Woody, these old programmes are gold!

Here are the last three photos from this chapter, showing Graham Hill and Jochen Rindt at Wigram.

Name:  Graham Hill Wigram.jpg
Views: 1023
Size:  84.9 KB

Name:  Rindt winner Wigram.jpg
Views: 1020
Size:  64.5 KB

Name:  Jochen Rindt Wigram.jpg
Views: 1030
Size:  77.1 KB

Great Jochen Rindt pictures,thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Holmes View Post
    Team mates Jochen Rindt and Graham Hill. Rindt was brought in as the eventual replacement for Jim Clark at Team Lotus, who'd perished back in April 1968. Rindt himself would lose his life in practice for the Italian GP in 1970. When Chris Amon is asked if he felt unlucky to have never won a Formula 1 race, when coming so close on so many occasions, he rightly points out that he was in fact one of the lucky ones, to have survived such a deadly era.

Attachment 16592
    I was at this race meeting. I recall seeing Rindt's car in a workshop front window as was a few of the other GP cars in Invercargill. I was working at Bluff for 6 months at the time...was so enthralled by their high wings of that era. Was such a priviledge to actually see these things in real flesh. Oh and that Mk 1 Consul was actually quite away back from the track on a little "side road" access point. Photo has created an optical illusion a bit I think......great pictures thanks. Kind regards, Tony Rutherford.

Tony , excuse my ignorance , are you Ron,s son ......... Mark,s Brother ???...... If so Hi , I met your dad when a youngster , him & my dad were great friends , my brother [Gary] & I are friends of Mark..............

Quote Originally Posted by Grant Sprague View Post
    Tony , excuse my ignorance , are you Ron,s son ......... Mark,s Brother ???...... If so Hi , I met your dad when a youngster , him & my dad were great friends , my brother [Gary] & I are friends of Mark..............
    Tony is not Rons son Grant, you may recall him running a turbo 13b RX2 (dark green) at BP he is from up North Shore, mate of Cedrics back then.