Thread: Is there a future for Formula Ford?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Roger, would you (or anybody) have access to a site or a person who could tell us what would be involved in the 'Honda Swap' - just so we could have on the table what costs/work would be required.
    It is obviously happening elsewhere into existing cars so this sort of information should be available.
    There would obviously be Kent motors released from those who choose to swap, and that would help Historic cars that wished to retain them.

Semi-Pro Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Wal Will View Post
    Roger, would you (or anybody) have access to a site or a person who could tell us what would be involved in the 'Honda Swap' - just so we could have on the table what costs/work would be required.
    It is obviously happening elsewhere into existing cars so this sort of information should be available.
    There would obviously be Kent motors released from those who choose to swap, and that would help Historic cars that wished to retain them.
    Looking at this page from just over 3 years ago, it cost US$11750 to convert a Swift DB-1. Allowing for the exchange rate and some inflation perhaps NZ$16000 might do the job today.
    http://www.autoblog.com/2009/11/05/s...for-formula-f/

Just try to remember quite a few young Kiwis go over to Aussie and compete,Ritchie, Mitch and Martin were there the yr. I went, not that I care what hapens regarding the future motors ,but have we not seen eneough stupidity with the V8s,we now have 3 lots racing, to my old way of thinking ,providing its cheeper have the same car as the Aussies so when these young Kiwis go over they are used to the car,then again that probably makes to much sense.