Thread: Is there a future for Formula Ford?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    One of the issues I see is that a car is only required to be 100% compliant when it is competing in the NZ Championship and even there another issue arises in that it does not have to be compliant while testing, even at a NZ Championship round. The legalities only come into effect once Official practice has started. What we have seen is cars running with 4 way adjustable shock absorbers fitted during testing and then once set up as close to perfect as they can be one of the adjuster is removed from the shock absorber and sealed off. It now becomes a 3 way adjustable shock absorber and the car is compliant once again. Money talks and if I come back to my earlier posts about back to basics as Ford Motorsport were talking about, a control shock absorber would be part of the car specifications

Well after some thought ,and looking back over fifty years plus ,money will never make a beter driver,a good driver will win most times in any simila car,Nuvalari proved that over and over.Mitch had good backing and why not ,he will hopefully reach the top, but Ritchie won the title,both natural drivers, Dixon strugeled for money to start and who begrudges him his success,then again I know a lot of drivers with tons of money and never in a hundred years will they be any good,.Barrys car is how they all should be,a good basic car