Thread: Is there a future for Formula Ford?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Good post Russ.

I am running a meeting at Hampton Downs April 21st (MONZA/ERC). Historic FFs are already invited (they turned up with 14 last year) and I see no reason to not accept a modern FF if anyone wants to enter. I'll just make sure the ASRs include FF & Historic FF. It is as easy as that as far as I am concerned. Entry fee will be under $200 and a guaranteed 1 practice and three 8 lap races. Will that do?

Entry will be electronic via the Motorsports entry website and will be up shortly just as soon as the ASRs are finalised/approved. (Deb is flat out with the ITM400 at the moment and she is our race Director and CoC!)

Semi-Pro Racer
    Thanks ERC. I hope the "experiment"is successful and that you get the support you deserve.
    A major part of the 'problem' motor sport is facing (and, I would suggest, many sports clubs and clubs in general) is NZ's geography and demographics. If you look at it logically we have a land area bigger than the UK (that's England, Scotland Ireland and Wales all put together) but with approximately 1/20th of the population (4 million vs 80-odd mill). So if/when someone "invents" a new class of racing, we do not necessarily attract new competitors. All we do is spread our already low number of competitors more thinly over more classes.
    One day when I have the time I intend to compile a list of all the classes of cars racing in NZ. I know this website is dedicated to the more historic side of motorsport, but with Steve's permission I will start a thread with the list on the RS.