Thread: Financial Support For The Roaring Season

Financial Support For The Roaring Season

Hi All

Steve's recent email regarding the financial support being provided by SPR Models, got me thinking that I might be able to do something similar, but by offering photos instead of models. Problem here is that like the rest of you, when buying photos of old cars, it has to be just right. Right model, right colour, right driver, etc., etc.. Now, although I have the passion for older cars, I was not actually taking racing photos back in the good old days... just wasn't old enough. Instead, what I would be offering is photos of cars competing at some of the better historic meets, here and in the UK.

Not knowing if my photos are the sort of images people would be willing to actually pay for to have printed up, I thought I would put up a small selection of some more interesting images to gauge the level of interest. If the interest is there, then I will look into the matter further. If not, then all I have done is shown a few more photos.

Please let me know what you think.

Cheers

Paul Tilley

Name:  DMS_Damp Track_299_resize.jpg
Views: 432
Size:  163.7 KBName:  S4_Vintage Racers_1_resize.jpg
Views: 421
Size:  166.9 KBName:  DSC_8183_A_crop_resize.jpg
Views: 414
Size:  157.1 KBName:  Open_A_Racing Miller_299_resize.jpg
Views: 404
Size:  156.9 KBName:  S1_resize.jpg
Views: 405
Size:  163.0 KBName:  S3_resize.jpg
Views: 382
Size:  151.9 KB

What a great idea. I would buy one of the top ones, but can you give an idea of price?

Quote Originally Posted by Oldfart View Post
    What a great idea. I would buy one of the top ones, but can you give an idea of price?
    Pricing is basically dependent on the size of the print. The following would be a rough guide:
    A4 (12x8 or 10x8 if required)... $20
    A3 (16x12, 16x10 or 15x10)... $40
    A2 (24x16 or 20x16)... $80
    A1 (32x24, 32x20 or 30x20)... $160

These would be proper photographic prints, on photographic paper, not cheap photocopies. Packaging and postage would be additional, but would be at cost.

To help out the Roaring Season, I would give Steve, 10% of the sales generated through the site.

BTW... if people could give me an idea of subject matter that they would be interested in - a specific car - I will check to see if I have a photo of it.

Cheers

Paul

A few more images to look at, all taken over in the UK.

Cheers

Paul

Name:  S24_resize.jpg
Views: 328
Size:  166.7 KBName:  S30_resize.jpg
Views: 324
Size:  110.7 KBName:  S31_resize.jpg
Views: 347
Size:  119.2 KBName:  S33a_resize.jpg
Views: 341
Size:  98.5 KBName:  S45_resize.jpg
Views: 346
Size:  106.4 KBName:  S42_resize.jpg
Views: 375
Size:  109.4 KB

These are absolutely outstanding!

The difference between 'photographs' and 'snapshots' - stunning!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Clark View Post
    The difference between 'photographs' and 'snapshots' - stunning!
    Thank you Michael for your comment... although opportunity and being able to get to the right location, certainly do help in getting a good shot... not to mention some reasonable equipment and a little experience.