Thread: Might be one for David mcKinney

Might be one for David mcKinney

I was talking to the guys at Graypaul in Nottingham, (Ferrari, Maserati main agents), and a couple of them had just returned from a tour of Ferrari, and also took in the "Panini Collection". One of them had a few photos, including one of a Maserati 250f. (my favourite). My initial thoughts were it was a relic from South America, and still had a chevrolet engine in it. After a bit of digging, the car is a V12, recently restored here in the Uk by Steve Hart. What I'm curious about, is which car is it? I thought, (maybe wrongly), there were only two V12 cars. Chassis 2530, which is owned by Nick Mason, and now wth a 6 cylinder engine, and chassis 2531, owned by Thomas Bscher. Any help would be appreciated.

Semi-Pro Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by andyp250f View Post
    I thought, (maybe wrongly), there were only two V12 cars. Chassis 2530, which is owned by Nick Mason, and now wth a 6 cylinder engine, and chassis 2531, owned by Thomas Bscher.
    There was also a third V12, actually the first, 2523. This too was rebuilt as (or in this case returned to) a six and has recently been sold to the US

The Panini car could more accurately be described as "recently built in the UK by Steve Hart"