Thread: 2013 Leadfoot Festival

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Weekend Warrior
    Apart from no brakes (we still can't work out why) and stupidly putting on new Toyos that hadn't turned a wheel, bloody fantastic. Interesting to drive up the hill with no traction and knowing you can't stop if you need to, but I wouldn't have missed it. Haven't seen any photos or video yet of the car on the hill, so if anyone has either, I'd be chuffed to see it. You have to hand it to people like Rod and Shelley; if they didn't do this, at their own expense and time, you'd never see these cars together. But I'm still perplexed as to why it clashed with the Legends meeting and the Beach Hop, also both great events. Shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaydee View Post
    . But I'm still perplexed as to why it clashed with the Legends meeting and the Beach Hop, also both great events. Shame.
    Cos it's Rods birthday!

Weekend Warrior
    Good point!!

A But I'm still perplexed as to why it clashed with the Legends meeting and the Beach Hop, also both great events. Shame.
    Worked out great for us....Beach Hop (Weds-Sat)....Leadfoot (Sunday).....then a nice 6hr drive home in GT.

Leadfoot was awesome and capped off a great week.

Was a bit apprehensive about spending the $95.00 before going but after going consider it well spent and highly recommend everyone to go to it. Croz wheelstanding the Kawa was coooooooooooooool.

World Champion
    I tell you what was spectacular.......Ian Ffitch on the BRM1000 quad bike. This Guy has won countless trophies over the years, and it shows.........the bike weighs in at 220 kgs and the 1000cc engine delivers 143hp. Work that out at BHP/ton. To see that thing accelerate from the start was just amazing...... the rider throwing his weight from side to side to keep the bike 'stable'.
    He got third fastest time.......53 seconds or there about.

Quote Originally Posted by AMCO72 View Post
    I tell you what was spectacular.......Ian Ffitch on the BRM1000 quad bike. This Guy has won countless trophies over the years, and it shows.........the bike weighs in at 220 kgs and the 1000cc engine delivers 143hp. Work that out at BHP/ton. To see that thing accelerate from the start was just amazing...... the rider throwing his weight from side to side to keep the bike 'stable'.
    He got third fastest time.......53 seconds or there about.
    You want to watch him on gravel, he really stands out on that stuff. He competes in all the gravel sprints and hillclimbs around the central South island, the man is a legend

Quote Originally Posted by Carlo View Post
    You want to watch him on gravel, he really stands out on that stuff. He competes in all the gravel sprints and hillclimbs around the central South island, the man is a legend
    PM me your details Jaydee, and when I power up the laptop I will dig out some photos. If its a car, I should have some reasonable photos from at least one run.
    Apart from no brakes (we still can't work out why) and stupidly putting on new Toyos that hadn't turned a wheel, bloody fantastic. Interesting to drive up the hill with no traction and knowing you can't stop if you need to, but I wouldn't have missed it. Haven't seen any photos or video yet of the car on the hill, so if anyone has either, I'd be chuffed to see it. You have to hand it to people like Rod and Shelley; if they didn't do this, at their own expense and time, you'd never see these cars together. But I'm still perplexed as to why it clashed with the Legends meeting and the Beach Hop, also both great events. Shame.

World Champion
    In these politically correct times, even Motoracing comes under scrutiny.....

Remember in the old days the warning on the back of your ticket and elsewhere.............'motoracing IS dangerous.......'

Noticed when wandering around the Leadfoot ranch, little signs that said................motoracing CAN be dangerous......'