Thread: 2013 Leadfoot Festival

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerH View Post
    Yea right - with six pot Wilwoods and slicks ..... just like the old days ........
    Roger did not the D type Jaguar have 6 pot brakes back in the 1956 Le Mans??? so whats so new????

But jim the car did not have them as you know right.

My coment refered to 6 pot brakes not been new, the car does not thrill me ,was real slow ,and I know little about it sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by jim short View Post
    Roger did not the D type Jaguar have 6 pot brakes back in the 1956 Le Mans??? so whats so new????
    Jim, my reference to six pots and slicks was related to the original Custaxie and the point that the real car did not have these components in period. These are just some examples of why the car masquerading as the Custaxie at Leadfoot was neither the real thing nor a replica of the real thing.
    There is nothing wrong with the car competing but just don't pretend it has something to do with the real Custaxie.

Quote Originally Posted by RogerH View Post
    Jim, my reference to six pots and slicks was related to the original Custaxie and the point that the real car did not have these components in period. These are just some examples of why the car masquerading as the Custaxie at Leadfoot was neither the real thing nor a replica of the real thing.
    There is nothing wrong with the car competing but just don't pretend it has something to do with the real Custaxie.
    Agree

Thats a good way of putting it RogerH,when i first saw this car my view was how did they get it so wrong,now look at it.Its my view that the CUSTAXIE as we know it is long gone.There are some parts from the old car still around,so maybe the time has come to see if someone can build one to look like the old car.

So what you are saying then is "take a name and build a car underneath it"

What are you saying here 928-take a name and build a car underneath it could you say a bit more on this.

Quote Originally Posted by CUSTAXIE50 View Post
    What are you saying here 928-take a name and build a car underneath it could you say a bit more on this.
    How about this discussed on Custaxie thread and leave this to the event, cheers (i am interested in the Custaxie thing)

How about some photos of cus2 and whats up with the Brakes on this car.