Thread: 2013 Leadfoot Festival

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Weekend Warrior

Leadfoot cars

Back to Leadfoot. I've been following the thread and the inevitable debate about original v replica.

So does anyone want to hazard a guess as to how many cars that went up the hill would pass muster as being a genuine and accurate representation of the car in period?

It's an interesting point, because assuming that Rod wants to replicate the Goodwood Festival (which he says he does), is originality relevant to the event? That's the real question on this thread, not whether one car or another would pass scrutiny as a genuine historic, which is a question, as Steve and others says, for other places.

And just out of interest, I'm not sure exactly how many twin turbocharged Jaguar powered Transit Vans raced in period, but Justin Law does pedal one up the hill at Goodwood....

JD

PS: I had dust up with Justin in a Group C race many years ago when he was driving an ex works 220...he's a tough cookie and I have no idea how he even got the bloody van up the hill without coming off.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IQIXfTfy10

Quote Originally Posted by Jaydee View Post
    Back to Leadfoot. I've been following the thread and the inevitable debate about original v replica.

So does anyone want to hazard a guess as to how many cars that went up the hill would pass muster as being a genuine and accurate representation of the car in period?

It's an interesting point, because assuming that Rod wants to replicate the Goodwood Festival (which he says he does), is originality relevant to the event? That's the real question on this thread, not whether one car or another would pass scrutiny as a genuine historic, which is a question, as Steve and others says, for other places.

And just out of interest, I'm not sure exactly how many twin turbocharged Jaguar powered Transit Vans raced in period, but Justin Law does pedal one up the hill at Goodwood....

JD

PS: I had dust up with Justin in a Group C race many years ago when he was driving an ex works 220...he's a tough cookie and I have no idea how he even got the bloody van up the hill without coming off.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IQIXfTfy10
    As it's Rods' event and he invites who he wants I would suggest that the quote above is not relevant in this case.