Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Leadfoot Festival

But jim the car did not have them as you know right.

Quote Originally Posted by ERC View Post
    Events such as Leadfoot score well because they do bring out the huge variety, and as they they are not scrutineered to or strangled by current MSNZ rules anyway, the event is probably all the richer for it - .
    Ray, it's a MSNZ permited event with MSNZ people in key positions

My coment refered to 6 pot brakes not been new, the car does not thrill me ,was real slow ,and I know little about it sorry.

Semi-Pro Racer
    Crunch, Thats good does it mean that we will see VCC members competing in other MSNZ events using their VCC documentation without having to spend a small fortune on a MSNZ day permit or the local VCC club having to get its own permit for the same event.
    Graeme

Quote Originally Posted by crunch View Post
    It's a MSNZ permitted event with MSNZ people in key positions
    Thanks Crunch. I wasn't aware of that. Also interested in a response regarding the VCC comment from geebeeNZ as I am keen to see a VCC class at a future classic meeting. I know that there have been talks, but it would be good for the sport.

Quote Originally Posted by jim short View Post
    Roger did not the D type Jaguar have 6 pot brakes back in the 1956 Le Mans??? so whats so new????
    Jim, my reference to six pots and slicks was related to the original Custaxie and the point that the real car did not have these components in period. These are just some examples of why the car masquerading as the Custaxie at Leadfoot was neither the real thing nor a replica of the real thing.
    There is nothing wrong with the car competing but just don't pretend it has something to do with the real Custaxie.

Quote Originally Posted by GeebeeNZ View Post
    Crunch, Thats good does it mean that we will see VCC members competing in other MSNZ events using their VCC documentation without having to spend a small fortune on a MSNZ day permit or the local VCC club having to get its own permit for the same event.
    Graeme
    The Leadfoot was a special event permit.
    That is different to what you are describing. Discussions are progressing and an option has been presented to the VCC to fix all this. We are awaiting response.

Quote Originally Posted by RogerH View Post
    Jim, my reference to six pots and slicks was related to the original Custaxie and the point that the real car did not have these components in period. These are just some examples of why the car masquerading as the Custaxie at Leadfoot was neither the real thing nor a replica of the real thing.
    There is nothing wrong with the car competing but just don't pretend it has something to do with the real Custaxie.
    Agree

Thats a good way of putting it RogerH,when i first saw this car my view was how did they get it so wrong,now look at it.Its my view that the CUSTAXIE as we know it is long gone.There are some parts from the old car still around,so maybe the time has come to see if someone can build one to look like the old car.

So what you are saying then is "take a name and build a car underneath it"

Weekend Warrior
    Apart from no brakes (we still can't work out why) and stupidly putting on new Toyos that hadn't turned a wheel, bloody fantastic. Interesting to drive up the hill with no traction and knowing you can't stop if you need to, but I wouldn't have missed it. Haven't seen any photos or video yet of the car on the hill, so if anyone has either, I'd be chuffed to see it. You have to hand it to people like Rod and Shelley; if they didn't do this, at their own expense and time, you'd never see these cars together. But I'm still perplexed as to why it clashed with the Legends meeting and the Beach Hop, also both great events. Shame.

Weekend Warrior
    More photos

Name:  202.jpg
Views: 1041
Size:  151.8 KBName:  298.jpg
Views: 979
Size:  165.0 KBName:  301.jpg
Views: 1006
Size:  156.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Jaydee View Post
    . But I'm still perplexed as to why it clashed with the Legends meeting and the Beach Hop, also both great events. Shame.
    Cos it's Rods birthday!

Weekend Warrior
    More photos

[ATTACH=CONFIG]17154

[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]17155

[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]17156

[/ATTACH]
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Weekend Warrior
    Good point!!

What are you saying here 928-take a name and build a car underneath it could you say a bit more on this.

A But I'm still perplexed as to why it clashed with the Legends meeting and the Beach Hop, also both great events. Shame.
    Worked out great for us....Beach Hop (Weds-Sat)....Leadfoot (Sunday).....then a nice 6hr drive home in GT.

Leadfoot was awesome and capped off a great week.

Was a bit apprehensive about spending the $95.00 before going but after going consider it well spent and highly recommend everyone to go to it. Croz wheelstanding the Kawa was coooooooooooooool.

World Champion
    I tell you what was spectacular.......Ian Ffitch on the BRM1000 quad bike. This Guy has won countless trophies over the years, and it shows.........the bike weighs in at 220 kgs and the 1000cc engine delivers 143hp. Work that out at BHP/ton. To see that thing accelerate from the start was just amazing...... the rider throwing his weight from side to side to keep the bike 'stable'.
    He got third fastest time.......53 seconds or there about.

Quote Originally Posted by AMCO72 View Post
    I tell you what was spectacular.......Ian Ffitch on the BRM1000 quad bike. This Guy has won countless trophies over the years, and it shows.........the bike weighs in at 220 kgs and the 1000cc engine delivers 143hp. Work that out at BHP/ton. To see that thing accelerate from the start was just amazing...... the rider throwing his weight from side to side to keep the bike 'stable'.
    He got third fastest time.......53 seconds or there about.
    You want to watch him on gravel, he really stands out on that stuff. He competes in all the gravel sprints and hillclimbs around the central South island, the man is a legend

Quote Originally Posted by Carlo View Post
    You want to watch him on gravel, he really stands out on that stuff. He competes in all the gravel sprints and hillclimbs around the central South island, the man is a legend
    PM me your details Jaydee, and when I power up the laptop I will dig out some photos. If its a car, I should have some reasonable photos from at least one run.
    Apart from no brakes (we still can't work out why) and stupidly putting on new Toyos that hadn't turned a wheel, bloody fantastic. Interesting to drive up the hill with no traction and knowing you can't stop if you need to, but I wouldn't have missed it. Haven't seen any photos or video yet of the car on the hill, so if anyone has either, I'd be chuffed to see it. You have to hand it to people like Rod and Shelley; if they didn't do this, at their own expense and time, you'd never see these cars together. But I'm still perplexed as to why it clashed with the Legends meeting and the Beach Hop, also both great events. Shame.