Thread: Australian 80s Sports Sedans class

Australian 80s Sports Sedans class

There were some weird and wonderful sports sedans in the 80s, here is a pic I took of one of the most beautifull turned out Commodores I ever saw

The car was raced by Bob Tindal. I cant recall who built it, but it was real eye candy. They adapted a TWR VL body kit for the body, and the result was so well done it looks like it came from the factory! I dont know why they kept the bonnet buldge because the engine, a chev 350, was mid mounted. I would love to know the cd of this car compared to a TWR VL

Great thread Jim. Yes I remember when this car first appeared. Like you say, was really clever to integrate the TWR kit into a much wider and lower Commodore than those of Group A. It really looked completely natural. I could be wrong but was the Jim Richards XC Falcon hardtop scavenged to build this car?

built by bob tindal himself

Quote Originally Posted by jimdigris View Post
    There were some weird and wonderful sports sedans in the 80s, here is a pic I took of one of the most beautifull turned out Commodores I ever saw

The car was raced by Bob Tindal. I cant recall who built it, but it was real eye candy. They adapted a TWR VL body kit for the body, and the result was so well done it looks like it came from the factory! I dont know why they kept the bonnet buldge because the engine, a chev 350, was mid mounted. I would love to know the cd of this car compared to a TWR VL

built by bob tindal himself
    pretty sure it has nothing to do with the falcon
    Quote Originally Posted by jimdigris View Post

You're right Roger. I was getting confused. It was Robin Doherty who bought the Richards Falcon hardtop and used many of the parts to build himself a Commodore Sports Sedan, not Bob Tindal.