Thread: The John Brewer Collection

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    ORIGINAL COMMENT_______Kelvin Cameron of Christchurch, who built up this OSCA Datsun 180B with a fuel injected 355 Chev V8. It was quite a radical car, however not long after this meeting, Kelvin lost the brakes while at private practice at Ruapuna and the car went into the trees at the end of the front straight. Kelvin died shortly after due to the massive injuries, and the car was never rebuilt. Some parts from the destroyed Datsun were reputed to have subsequently found their way into other OSCA cars

Hi all, finally joined now that I have finished the rebuild of the Siddy. I bought the formula 5000 car or should I say the remains of the car from which the transaxle and suspension etc was used to build Kelvins car from Kelvins widow thru Rod Maclrae to use in the build of my Detomaso Pantera Sports sedan that I was building to replace the Siddy. It was the ex Radisich/Pederson M18 with a rather bent tub in white with Hifi racing on the side that I was told happened at Puke in the hands of Gary on chinamans hill. The DG300,front and rear uprights and suspension arms were all undamaged so I guess Kelvin must have made his own arms.
    Last edited by George Sheweiry; 04-03-2013 at 10:43 PM.