Thread: Guess the driver of this Jag

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Grant Sprague View Post
    Yep will do , we go back a few , sounds like a go , shall i bring Alby ? , we leave girls at home lol . ps Alby now on his pat maloon , got a new one now , all good , he is a good buggar
    No bring girls, Alby what hapen ?? a real good buggar ,perhaps I tell Geoff about it two

Alby & Pam went their own ways still talking [ps this is common knowledge no goss]& friends makes it easier, they grew apart thats all I can say here , Alby ended up staying at car yard flat up stairs for about a year , & has moved in with a lady not for from here Cameron Road

Life can be strange ,happy sad all with no control, .you two really started pre 65 in those Anglias,wish Geoff had kept it,150+ bhp

Quote Originally Posted by jim short View Post
    Life can be strange ,happy sad all with no control, .you two really started pre 65 in those Anglias,wish Geoff had kept it,150+ bhp
    Jim , the [ex Grant Taylor] car just sold last weekend its a quick little car all sorted , had I known it was for sale I probably would have bought it went cheap all the good bits I would say 1/10,s puke..... But would be hard to go back there after the years in the mustang, girls are growing up now & im getting itchy feet lol. Only way to do it is do it right again , & that takes a lot of effort & $$$ as we get older ...... might be best I keep the money in the ole oak chest ...

World Champion
    Are we still supposed to be guessing the driver of this Jag, or are we on to reunions now?????
    Now I think Jim knows his Jags, and and he guessed......E. Sprague........... G. Sprague says no......and that is as far as it got!!!!!!!
    The number plate should tell us.

Quote Originally Posted by AMCO72 View Post
    Are we still supposed to be guessing the driver of this Jag, or are we on to reunions now?????
    Now I think Jim knows his Jags, and and he guessed......E. Sprague........... G. Sprague says no......and that is as far as it got!!!!!!!
    The number plate should tell us.
    Amco dont be such an old women ,theres plenty on here now ,I have never claimed to know my Jags,I was married in 62 and the last race I saw was in the wet at Ardmore I had no car for two years ,meaning when the Jags were running sadly I missed them ,.Now Mike Houragan raced a red E and a xjs but that was green when I saw it,he was a man of class as well Jaguars were his favorites as well,now with all the cars you had are you sure you did not have a red Mk 2??

I checked plate , a while ago , came back no history on car jam ...................unless I read numbers wrong

World Champion
    Jim, I think I can say without fear of contradiction that I have NEVER had a red car, MK 2 or otherwise. You see, RED cars to me are Ferraris, which you also know a bit about, and I have NEVER desired a Ferrari. Listening to that one going up the Leadfoot hill-climb it sounded, or should I say reminded me, of a two-stroke, 6 cylinder, Mercury outboard motor from 1965 !!!!!!!!

And credit where it is due........don't be modest, you DO know your Jags, whether you saw them racing or not.
    If the car being depicted by Faminz has got knock-on Minilites, which it looks to have......doesn't that say Bert Govan.

Grant, don't think you could mistake the number plate unless your eyes are a bit like mine, but I make it....DP2632
    Why would Faminz change that just for the hell of it to throw us all off the scent?