Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jim Clark

I agree! Amazing photos and story Wal. Thanks for sharing.

Look I am not saying this is true, but it might well be where the story that J.C. could walk on water came from.
    Some times a few facts get lost in the telling - especially as we get older.
    From around the same era as the cricket match, and probably boat and gear supplied by Lenny Gilbert.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Wal Will View Post
    Look I am not saying this is true, but it might well be where the story that J.C. could walk on water came from.
    Some times a few facts get lost in the telling - especially as we get older.
    From around the same era as the cricket match, and probably boat and gear supplied by Lenny Gilbert.
    Wally , the photo of Jim in playing cricket , where was this taken ? I love the picnic party under the tree to the right of Jimmy. Did you ever go to those parties in Timaru when you all headed north again after Teretonga, I heard a few stories but was too young to re collect if there were at 41 ...St George .........Grant ........

Crash Investigation

Quote Originally Posted by SPman View Post
    Especially as suspension failure was implicated in several other Lotus crashes, including Rindt's.
    Reminiscent of the controversy surrounding the investigation of a fatal crash involving another very talented driver by the name of Ayrton Senna.

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Grimwood View Post
    NZ 1967
    The photo i like is the one of Jim on the Christchurch Trotting track putting in some Laps.

Journeyman Racer
    I don't know if the story was true but after i took the photo of him lounging on the bonnet of a mk 111 Zephyr Zodiac i was talking to a guy in the vicinity who was telling me he,Clark, was intrigued by the Lycoming which was there. He tried it out and did big damage to the mens kassie i mean gents toilets. this supposedly happened during the practice days. fact or fiction?. I never did know

Quote Originally Posted by hilstwist View Post
    I don't know if the story was true but after i took the photo of him lounging on the bonnet of a mk 111 Zephyr Zodiac i was talking to a guy in the vicinity who was telling me he,Clark, was intrigued by the Lycoming which was there. He tried it out and did big damage to the mens kassie i mean gents toilets. this supposedly happened during the practice days. fact or fiction?. I never did know
    Yes Jim did have a run in the Lycoming and at 120mph was getting wheel spin.

Quote Originally Posted by hilstwist View Post
    There is a story relating to Jim Clark and a Khasi, but he was not the inflictor of the damage, more the victim, and I know this to be true, having a level of involvement.