Thread: RA Vanguard

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Weekend Warrior
    Thanks Nigel for the great pics from Roycroft.

Here is another Wigram photo, which shows the car on 6 spoke wheels, plus windscreen and radiator grill. I have always thought that this was 1952, though I would love to have someone confirm, or correct me.Name:  wigram 3.jpeg
Views: 1903
Size:  173.6 KB

Semi-Pro Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Nodiff View Post
    Here is another Wigram photo, which shows the car on 6 spoke wheels, plus windscreen and radiator grill. I have always thought that this was 1952, though I would love to have someone confirm, or correct me.Name:  wigram 3.jpeg
Views: 1903
Size:  173.6 KB
    The RA Vanguard was No.12 at Wigram in 1952 but also 1953. However, photos from the latter year's race show it with the 12-spoke wheels, so I can't see it not being 1952

And no doubt about it being Wigram, on the right-hand kink after the Hairpin. In 1954 the Hairpin was omitted, and the faster corner seen in the background used instead

Semi-Pro Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by David McKinney View Post
    The RA Vanguard was No.12 at Wigram in 1952 but also 1953. However, photos from the latter year's race show it with the 12-spoke wheels, so I can't see it not being 1952
    Also, the Chch Press report on the 1952 Wigram race says "In the fourteenth lap Green had the misfortune of losing four of the six spokes of his left-hand rear wheel, and he withdrew from the race".