Quote Originally Posted by Steve Emson View Post
Grant, screaming eagle? At the risk of highjacking the thread, let me ask you something. People used to ask me all the time here in Queensland how can I not race? or why am I not racing anymore. One of the reasons I never felt as though i needed to was because of my Ducati. Riding a bike up in the foothills here in northern Brisbane is a little like my racing was. I don't go very fast on the road, just keep up a nice momentum and take my 'Car racing lines' through the corners. Done right it is as good for the soul as getting a pole position. You stop for a coffee and a chat so it is sociable. Actually it is amazing the amount of times Bike people have commented on the lines I take. I would not have thought there would be much difference, but apparently there is.
Question, do you share this bike connection? Most of my old racing buddies look at me rather strangely when you try to explain. I don't even bother anymore. Had a few people trying to entice me to look at the Aust Tranz Am class. The hot shots of this class I used to race against in Historic group NC with my GTHO.
If you need to explain, they would'nt understand !!!!!!