Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: NEW CLASS / SERIES; Historic Sports Sedans. formation meeting.20/04/13 ACC

Quote Originally Posted by George Sheweiry View Post
    Thanks Custaxie50 I rang straight away and the people at the workshop were able to give me his ph # so I rang but he is away till this weekend, so I shall ring him on monday and try my best to get him there for you. I just received the following photo from my brother Clive of his DJR Mustang at the sign writers, having just been painted the week before. I called in and had a look the day before and I have to say the car looks absolutely gorgeous. Its going to be a fantastic looking grid!

Attachment 20984
    That is a great looking car George and will help make up a great grid for the first meeting.

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Grimwood View Post
    Think if you research custaxie50 you will find it was not a road car and actually a few bits done to it before it arrived over here.

hey be good to see you come up for the day, contact us if you do.
    Its got a road going floor

Thanks Custaxie50 I rang straight away and the people at the workshop were able to give me his ph # so I rang but he is away till this weekend, so I shall ring him on monday and try my best to get him there for you. I just received the following photo from my brother Clive of his DJR Mustang at the sign writers, having just been painted the week before. I called in and had a look the day before and I have to say the car looks absolutely gorgeous. Its going to be a fantastic looking grid!

Attachment 20984
    I don't recall Dick having a white Mustang?????

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty5 View Post
    yes he did

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Grimwood View Post
    Bless you, as you know I was always the quite, religious one amongst us. How is that red beast coming on Roger, can't wait to see it again.
    Name:  IMG_20130822_110458 (150x113).jpg
Views: 1047
Size:  44.9 KB
    Name:  IMG_20130828_164349 (113x150).jpg
Views: 1018
Size:  47.3 KB
    plodding along
    Last edited by rogered; 08-29-2013 at 10:28 AM.

Good on you Roger, it will be great to see your car run as I dont recall seeing it in the past. It would be great if we could get Alan Fergusons Marley sponsored Torana back as well. Anyone know where that car went. Apparently it was sold to Asia but was brought back here??

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty5 View Post
    He sure did, it was when he first bought the car and he also had it black with JPS livery, now Mike Dias who is kindly going to run the Mustang I was forced to buy because of the slackers who were pulling out after saying they would run has painted it black and we are getting it signed up to the JPS scheme but the signwriters need some better shots, so please has anyone some good photos of the JPS car. These are the only 2 I could find on the net.

Name:  dj1.jpg
Views: 1078
Size:  38.8 KBName:  dj2.jpg
Views: 1098
Size:  43.3 KB

He sure did, it was when he first bought the car and he also had it black with JPS livery, now Mike Dias who is kindly going to run the Mustang I was forced to buy because of the slackers who were pulling out after saying they would run has painted it black and we are getting it signed up to the JPS scheme but the signwriters need some better shots, so please has anyone some good photos of the JPS car. These are the only 2 I could find on the net.

Name:  dj1.jpg
Views: 1078
Size:  38.8 KBName:  dj2.jpg
Views: 1098
Size:  43.3 KB
    Well,bugger me. It was always green from my recollection apart from when croaky Crichton secured JPS sponsorship for the Welington and Pukekohe rounds of Nissan Mobil. Did Dick ever race it in white as I believe he only used it for two seasons prior to his Sierras arriving. A stop gap measure I think he called it.
    Cheers Dave Graham

Hey Dave, Here is the car at the end of conrod straight. the only difference is that instead of Johnson /French on the windscreen banner its going to say Sheweiry / Johnson . A nice touch , dont ya think!!

Name:  Clive sheweiry.jpg
Views: 2270
Size:  52.8 KB
    Last edited by George Sheweiry; 08-30-2013 at 12:10 AM.

Semi-Pro Racer
    White car only practiced @ Bathurst 84, Johnson used XE for race, following year (85) mustang was green with Larry Perkins as co-driver. That is why frosty5 wont have seen it run in white.

Well done Jac mac, there arent many photos of it either. Have you finished the work on the T44 housing yet as I would like to buy 1 or maybe 2 for some projects, like a mk1V or G7-A replica and also for my Pantera Sports Sedan project as I had come to the conclusion back in 84 that the DG300 that I got with the rest of the Pederson/Radisich M18 bits that I bought off Kelvin Camerons widow wasn't going to be strong enough for an injected 366 in a car probably twice the weight of a F5000. Could I have your details please or could you send me them to George at sheweiry@slingshot.co.nz. Thanks.

Semi-Pro Racer
    Patterns/Housings still require some work yet George, like you Ive got too many projects on the go at moment & as some of those belong to other folk Im trying to get them out of the way first before creating another headache. Dont worry, I have your details & will contact you when I have some good metal bits.. G7-A, I see one of those has just finished being rebuilt as a MKIV so in theory that means there is only one 'real' G7-A left.

Hey Dave, Here is the car at the end of conrod straight. the only difference is that instead of Johnson /French on the windscreen banner its going to say Sheweiry / Johnson . A nice touch , dont ya think!!

Absolutely. Give my regards to Clive, met him during my time at A&G Price when he was endeavoring to sell me BOC products but unfortunately the boss had locked us into his competitor.

Quote Originally Posted by Jac Mac View Post
    White car only practiced @ Bathurst 84, Johnson used XE for race, following year (85) mustang was green with Larry Perkins as co-driver. That is why frosty5 wont have seen it run in white.
    Dead right Jac Mac. I crewed for Robbie & John Bowe in the Volvo from 85 and Dick's car was definitely green. 84 was the last year of Group C so missed it by a year and that's what threw me about the white car. Cheers for that info.
    Dave Graham

Here are the JPS Mustang shots that I have saved;

I think these were taken by the late Southspeed? Please correct me if i'm wrong.

And a couple more;

This one scanned from the 1986 Bathurst Program I think;

And another from when it first arrived back in aussie after the Nissan Mobil series;

Hi George, is Clive's Mustang one of the genuine DJR Mustangs or is it a replica? The photo you posted looks awesome by the way and I hope to get to HD to see it!

Wow superford those shots are just awesome, thanks for that , now I think the signwriter will have enough shots to be able to dress the black mustang up. Yes, Clives car is a replica. He always does a good job of getting things right with good attention to detail. He did a Greenstuff falcon that he was going to run in production muscle cars but sold it when he did a stint in Australia for his job. Paul Urquhart raced it in PMS then Justin Butcher bought it from him and races it in Northern Muscle.

Wow superford those shots are just awesome, thanks for that , now I think the signwriter will have enough shots to be able to dress the black mustang up. Yes, Clives car is a replica. He always does a good job of getting things right with good attention to detail. He did a Greenstuff falcon that he was going to run in production muscle cars but sold it when he did a stint in Australia for his job. Paul Urquhart raced it in PMS then Justin Butcher bought it from him and races it in Northern Muscle.
    No worries George! - I should also have noted that the first two shots had been posted in other Roaring Season threads in the past.

I've also just found some more shots of the 1984 DJ Mustang in its white clothing - will need to scan them first, but i'll do that this afternoon. One particularly good shot from the rear so will help with the sign writing should you not already have that angle.

By the way, I love what you've done to the Sidchrome Mustang. My all time dream car and the sole reason I'm trying to get to HD next week!!

Quote Originally Posted by superford View Post
    Here are the JPS Mustang shots that I have saved;

I think these were taken by the late Southspeed? Please correct me if i'm wrong.
    These are my shots taken at the 1986 Nissan Mobil at Pukekohe.