I also agree with Ray, this is a fantastic idea, and your long involvement and passion for Sports Sedan racing make you the perfect person for getting this off the ground George.

You said in another thread you've managed to put together a list of 30 cars that could fit. Thats really impressive! Can you post the list at some stage, I'd love to see what cars are still around.

My only thought would be to have the cut-off date at around 1989 or so, as Evan Munt did when he assembled the Historic OSCA group for their 40th anniversary. The US Trans-Am and IMSA tube-frame cars just began appearing in NZ in the late 80s/early 90s, and they changed the outlook on NZ Sports Sedan racing from being creative locally built specials based on the body of a production car to being clones with a tube-frame over which a replica plastic body was mounted. Then Greg Lancaster made these vehicles compulsory and outlawed all the NZ specials around 1993/94. If possible you could maybe look at allowing in the 1980s Sports Sedans but have the cut-off so the tube-frame IMSA/Trans-Am cars aren't included. Just my 2cents worth.

There were a lot of really great Sports Sedans built in NZ in the 80s, this was really the decade where they thrived, and there must be quite a few of them still about.

Anyway George, keep up the good work, and keep us posted. There is a lot of interest in old Sports Sedans, and similar work is being undertaken in Australia to bring out old Sports Sedans also.