Thread: NEW CLASS / SERIES; Historic Sports Sedans. formation meeting.20/04/13 ACC

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    World Champion
    My God, the arguments are starting already and the new class hasn't even got off the ground........

When is a Muscle Car NOT a Muscle Car ?
    When is a Sports Sedan NOT a Sports Sedan ?

Is the thinking here that if a car competed in a sports sedan class 30 years ago, then it IS a sports sedan.
    Sounds as though defining exactly WHAT a sports sedan is, is going to be harder than defining what a Muscle car is!

And Jim you bring up an interesting point........30 years on these drivers are obviously 30 years older......and slower......and stiffer, in all the wrong parts! Are they going to be up to the job of piloting these wild and woolly machines? And don't tell me they are just going to do demo laps behind a safety car!!.......Yeh right.

Also Jim, you must have had to sell a lot of mowers and cycles to pay for your share in the Porsche........unless of course your shop markup was exorbitant!!!!!

Amco without knowing ,I would bet the Mini cost a lot more than I paid, I mean 5 owners into one car and I know you find it strange but I enjoyed every lap ,first out last in for practise regardless as to where I finished in the race,even on my own ,the exhaust sound at 8000 ,not seen that often would make your hair stand up on end ,only 2.8 twin plug, webers 260 BHP no match for the V8s but off the line and under brakes just leave them for dead at BP,only once in five years did it get 4 new tyres at the same time,mrs brown now