George, a great start. However, I wonder why Graham Addis is so against handicap races? I think, with any 'classic' style racing, and certainly the type of vehicle you are proposing, that handicap starts are the preferred method, if only to avoid that scramble into the first few corners, and the possibility of a coming together between cars. I know there are a number of folk on the roaring season that are opposed to them also, but surely it isn't to do with winning or not, as everything being equal the front guys are going to win, or should I say cross the line ahead of the rest of the field anyway.

I know it is a pain trying to work out and administer handicaps, but I have seen some of the best classic racing ever that have been started under a handicap, with the back markers really putting on a show to get to the front, and mostly safely. Sometimes they did, and sometimes they didn't, but the spectacle of them trying, made these starts so memorable. Otherwise the finish should be in the approximate position to where a car started, given that all sorts of things thwart drivers when they are actually racing, as opposed to setting a qualifying time. You have already said that there will be a big difference in lap times with these cars, something that could have been addressed with handicapping.

Your group seems to have made up its mind on this matter, so there it is. Good luck to you.