Quote Originally Posted by George Sheweiry View Post
It is with regret that with only 3 entries (George Sheweiry, Dennis Running, Roger Davis) for Pukekohe for NZHSS that we have canned the 2nd round of the new series. Graham Addis had concerns over the new barriers siting that if his car was to come off it would be totaled by the new barriers and also didnt think it would be below pukes draconian noise levels, Robert Jack also after being fined for 2 db over was not going to go back. A few days after the inaugural race meeting at HD I emailed the 18 other people who said they wouldn't be at the first meeting but would be running at the next or as soon as they could and asked them if they would be at round 2. I got 2 replies both saying they were busy on that day. Others I talked to also indicated that part of the reason they wer'nt running was because of the db limit that they seem to be able to pass at HD but not at puke and also the barriers and the chicane. Oh dear Puke, how does a race track survive without race cars?? So while I regret that people who wanted the new class don't seem to be bothered to use it. I feel I need to point out that my promise to get these cars a class up and running and to have the required number of cars for the first round was achieved and that was important to me as I am a man of my word. It is up to the others who gave me their word, to get their cars to the track and keep this going!! It would be sad after the effort that was put in for it to fall over. I have never been able to understand why people just casually agree to do things that they have no intention of doing. Disappointing really. George.
Damn I hate reading this George...after you put your heart and soul into it.......Personally can't think why people are so scared of Puke in its new form after all I cant remember any of the drivers with those concerns ever coming off and hitting the banks of "Rothmans" as we knew it....(and I think this is the only area that would be of concern?) I didn't think by what I have read through here that all the drivers would be racing 10/10ths. The track is not any narrower than it was..in fact turn one is wider. I have done quite a few laps now of the new set up and hey once you know where to turn into the new part it's sweet..( although in saying that I did love the long back straight beforehand). Word has it that there is banter of moving two sets of tyres.... (yup thats all)...for a couple of meetings a year and not including the new turns 5, 6 and 7. Now I will wait with baited breath and see who turns up for your 3rd meeting at Hampton and see whether it really was a Puke problem or not. Just saying....Stick with it George..you got too many fans now mate. Sincerely, Tony Rutherford.