Quote Originally Posted by George Sheweiry View Post
Well Johnny that was a nice little attempt to lay all this on me, its a shame theres just a nasty little thing called the facts to get in its way. Firstly after talking to people about these old cars and finding there was interest in starting a class I canvassed everyone as to would they run their cars if I could arrange a series for them to run in beginning September and could they make the first meeting. 80% said yes, and no I was not holding a gun to their head. So much for the " came together very quickly and needed time to get ready.
second "and the seal went on him and didnt race at the first meeting" Hello Johnny I paid my entry fee and was there and did practice!! Yes I should have had the car for a test day but instead I was slacking, rebuilding the engine and fitting it back into my daughters car and helping my son with the gearbox in his Falcon, having to buy and organize 2 other cars and drivers to run them because I was worried I was going to be let down, run my electrical business, correspond with all the others (email and phone), try and help with my 84 yr old mothers failing health issues, liaise with the car club, and try to finish my car with my sons help in the 2 last days, finally loading it in the transporter 1.30am Saturday night!!! and what were you doing at that time Johnny!! Oh and by the way you announced Barry needed a new radiator AFTER I had said on this forum that I had bought the 2 cars. and so what does that mean , that I should pay for everyone's parts so they can go racing!!!!! And yes after sidchrome declining both times I put Sheweiry on the car cause I couldn't afford to be sued by them if they really didn't want it on. So tell me again how I let this deal down, Didnt do enough Maybe!!! So thanks very much for let me see, what was your quote for the owners of these cars??? Oh thats right some respect and support!!
I am stunned by the opening line of a members comments (Last post is demeaning, belittling and insulting- car owners not playing ball?) and need to comment. Unless I am sadly mistaken this is a "I told you so" line and it pains me to see that a fellow member has the temerity to comment like that. You put in a monumental effort to get this class up and running only to be let down by those who were so enthusiastic at the beginning. I guess they all have their reasons for not fronting up and that is something that needs to be accepted, unpalatable as it may be. But I think those who witnessed the initial debut of the class were mightily impressed and you should take heart from that. This was not a failure in my view but more of a speed bump. While I am not suggesting for one moment this should happen to you I think the sentiments are apt given the previous outburst.
"To do something well is so worthwhile that to die trying to do it better cannot be foolhardy. It would be a waste of life to do nothing with one's ability, for I feel that life is measured in achievement, not in years alone. Bruce McLaren.
And by God you certainly have achieved in life George. Take care, chin up and look forward.
Best regards
Dave Graham