Quote Originally Posted by George Sheweiry View Post
Apparently, according to jandals, when the car arrived back in NZ it went to Trevor Mcleans workshop at Takanini where he and jandals checked it out as Trevor was interested in buying it but after looking it over he decided against it. Anyway one thing is for sure it wont be a "trailer Queen" in my hands! Yes historic racing cars are worth a lot of money but I just cant see the point in owning a historic racer just to be able to say that you own it and bask in its former glory poncing around at shows or race events, cause people want to see and hear those old Big bangers snarling around the race track. Those people are just depriving us of seeing these neat old cars doing what they were built for and should sell them to someone who will use them accordingly. " oh no its too nice to race" !!! and all the other excuses, those people are either too tight or haven't got the balls to race them. This new race series is the cheapest form of racing of these types of cars you could possibly do. We will all go out there and give it our best shot but at the same time look after these neat old cars and there will still be the after race banter of, well I nearly had you coming out of the sweeper! or wow you got me under brakes but I got you back on the straight! You guys who have been there you know what I am talking about. Just the great comradery and excitement of manhandling a fiery beast around the track in close combat and then coming in to shoot the shit at the end of the day. Nine weeks to go!! can't wait!!
That could be right, as around this time Neville Bailey discussed the Mustang with me. We were just down the road from Trevor's. Also Neville also told me I could have the ex Rosberg Chevron for $2000 more than the Modus, (which was being repaired by Phil Sharp. Every time he drove it it seemed to get 'bent' ). We were just trying to decide what to do, or which way to jump.

Boy,............that was a while ago now.

Yes guys, get those cars out on the track were they belong. George has the right idea.