Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: NEW CLASS / SERIES; Historic Sports Sedans. formation meeting.20/04/13 ACC

Quote Originally Posted by 225sloper View Post
    No worries guys i love taken racecar photos and as far as im concerned they have to be shared,cant see the point of just looking at it myself.. . . Do you guys a deal. . you guys keep racing and i will keep taken photos. . .YEE HA
    Amen! That's my philosophy too... would I have spoken/seen you trackside at all I wonder?

That's the main reason for taking photos - to remind us of a great day and to allow people who weren't fortunate enough to be there to see what they missed.

Yes I agree, it would be good to catch up with other RS members as looking at the photos I am sure I would have walked past several without knowing who they were. How do we arrange this ?

Mike

Mike- as I complimented Bil Pottinger in his thread, if it wasnt for you gifted guys out there with the cameras, there would be no history to bring the cars alive, or enjoyment here. I too would love to meet the other guys who snap the pix. Solution- introduce and shake hands. I didnt even know Rogered was Rodger Davis till Tuesday after racing, yet we spoke for 20 minutes Sunday morning.

II didnt even know Rogered was Rodger Davis till Tuesday after racing, yet we spoke for 20 minutes Sunday morning.[/QUOTE]

Which is why it is the best reason for using your real name when posting on this site!

Quote Originally Posted by Snoozin View Post
    Amen! That's my philosophy too... would I have spoken/seen you trackside at all I wonder?
    I did speak to a couple of photographers during the day,i think next time i will just mention The Roaring Season and take it from there.

Quote Originally Posted by George Sheweiry View Post
    IMPORTANT MEETING at the Auckland car club rooms this coming Saturday the 14th of September 10am to finalise a set of rules for the new Historic Sports Sedans series. So if you want to have a say you need to be there. I would suggest you read the comments about which way the class should go that have been offered on this thread and talk with other interested parties BEFORE THE DAY!! For instance. Should the cut off date for cars be 1986 to make sure all the earlier lotus twin cams arent made uncompetetive by the Cosworth Sierra motor. Should we allow only replicas of NZ cars no longer around or include overseas types, and a host of other problems. If you cant make it then send me an email with your preferences and ideas because we want to include everyone and try to get it right. sheweiry@slingshot.co.nz Remember its your class so have a say!!
    George - any update on the rules meeting?

Yes we had our meeting at the ACC and basically the rules are pretty much as discussed on here so I am just re writing the original guide set of rules that I had already done and just adding and deleting the odd bits that were changed. What I can tell you is that it will be known as the "New Zealand Historic Sports Sedans" (NZHSS) for NZ sports sedans, OSCA and Allcomers from 1962/1988 and that all competing cars will need a COD to run. That in itself will make sure that the cars are period correct. But please bare with me while I sort the changes and I need to get approval to print from the 2 other committee members, Graeme Addis and Dennis Running. George.

Yes we had our meeting at the ACC and basically the rules are pretty much as discussed on here so I am just re writing the original guide set of rules that I had already done and just adding and deleting the odd bits that were changed. What I can tell you is that it will be known as the "New Zealand Historic Sports Sedans" (NZHSS) for NZ sports sedans, OSCA and Allcomers from 1962/1988 and that all competing cars will need a COD to run. That in itself will make sure that the cars are period correct. But please bare with me while I sort the changes and I need to get approval to print from the 2 other committee members, Graeme Addis and Dennis Running. George.
    So where does custaxie 2 fit in.

Well all he has to do is get a COD and he can run. The COD takes about 5 weeks and you have to supply magazine articles of the car that shows as much as possible of how it was built and the general layout, also testimonials from people of repute from the time. Engine type, gearbox type whether they have offset, the size of the brakes and what type of drums or calipers the wheels the diff and all of the bits from the original build. Ron Mcmillan came and checked out my roll cage which isn't up to the latest specs, so I could only have it approved for schedule AA which means I cant run with the latest Trans ams!! Then you have to take 2 photographs of everything including the outside of the car and send it all off with you completed forms (that you can get off the manz site) down to Wellington. Yes it is a bit of work getting all that together but then you have proper categorized proof or your valuable car, and for us running the class if ever there is a dispute over something in a particular car like for instance whether or not it had Jag brakes or the latest 6 pot calipers we can refer to the COD to see what it should have. Now doesn't that just make it so easy (and period correct!!) What do ya think of that Custaxie50?

To sum it up Custaxie50 the class is for NZ sports sedans, osca and allcomers that have CODs and ran from 1962 to 1988. So the Custaxie 2 is an allcomer it is from 62 to 88 and he just needs a COD (that will have replica written on it) that describes the car as Robbie built it, and of course it must be as Robbie built it, except of course for the cage which is just a safety thing that we don't have a problem with that. Then Whoolah all of a sudden a great replica of one of our most loved cars has a place to run. I just love it when a plan comes together!!

To sum it up Custaxie50 the class is for NZ sports sedans, osca and allcomers that have CODs and ran from 1962 to 1988. So the Custaxie 2 is an allcomer it is from 62 to 88 and he just needs a COD (that will have replica written on it) that describes the car as Robbie built it, and of course it must be as Robbie built it, except of course for the cage which is just a safety thing that we don't have a problem with that. Then Whoolah all of a sudden a great replica of one of our most loved cars has a place to run. I just love it when a plan comes together!!
    The time has come George for the boys from Coventry motors to have there say on how this car was built in 1966 dont you think.

Well Custaxie50 its too late. We can all see your passion for this car, especially by your handle and your earlier experiences with it. But the problem is it has already been built and built by the guy that raced it. Think about it, if another one was built, no matter how close to the original one when compared between the two of them this one would come out as the favorite for the sheer fact that it was built by our boy Robbie. We all know by now it is not bolt for bolt, rivet for rivet exactly the same as the original, but for the vast majority especially on this site the differences are just not big enough! As a racer my concern would be that its performance had been improved, but it hasn't. Its not a perfect world but just look on here what has been written. The fact that it was built by Robbie and that the differences are not enough in the vast majority's eyes and the fact that we now have a close enough replica of what we all loved and thought was such a great car is enough. the only travesty here is that it has now been changed from the car that Robbie built. It seems to be lost to its new owner that people don't care if it cant keep up with the latest Trans am car. They want to see it for how it was! A historic race car cant be a historic race car with the latest brakes or whatever. We applaud your passion Custaxie50 but we have a replacement car and it needs to be left as built by Robbie and brought out for all the fans to see, after all what is the point of having a replica if its never going to be seen.

Quote Originally Posted by John McKechnie View Post
    +1

Me 2

Be great to see the car out there. surely not to much to put brakes back how they were. I have not seen any sheep farms available for winners, so all just get used to those nice chocie fish and jelly beans (or maybe Maceys yummies)

Could not have been expressed better George.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldfart View Post
    Could not have been expressed better George.
    Indeed

Well Custaxie50 its too late. We can all see your passion for this car, especially by your handle and your earlier experiences with it. But the problem is it has already been built and built by the guy that raced it. Think about it, if another one was built, no matter how close to the original one when compared between the two of them this one would come out as the favorite for the sheer fact that it was built by our boy Robbie. We all know by now it is not bolt for bolt, rivet for rivet exactly the same as the original, but for the vast majority especially on this site the differences are just not big enough! As a racer my concern would be that its performance had been improved, but it hasn't. Its not a perfect world but just look on here what has been written. The fact that it was built by Robbie and that the differences are not enough in the vast majority's eyes and the fact that we now have a close enough replica of what we all loved and thought was such a great car is enough. the only travesty here is that it has now been changed from the car that Robbie built. It seems to be lost to its new owner that people don't care if it cant keep up with the latest Trans am car. They want to see it for how it was! A historic race car cant be a historic race car with the latest brakes or whatever. We applaud your passion Custaxie50 but we have a replacement car and it needs to be left as built by Robbie and brought out for all the fans to see, after all what is the point of having a replica if its never going to be seen.
    We could go on all day about this car George,say someone built up Robbies fairlane that he raced,and later on Robbie turned up with one he had built up,how would we get on about having this car out there George.

As George said-COD......#409 -Well all he has to do is get a COD and he can run.

Quote Originally Posted by John McKechnie View Post
    As George said-COD......#409 -Well all he has to do is get a COD and he can run.
    Which car are you talking about the custaxie or the fairlane.

The Fairlane no longer exists.