Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How many classes?

Quote Originally Posted by Carlo View Post
    everyone has forgotten Clubmans racing which quite frankly is where most of the classes previously mentioned actually belong.
    I agree.

I asked the following question to no avail in the FF thread.......

"Do any clubs in the NI have clubmans meetings?" These are basically mixed saloons grouped by capacity or lap times, plus a F Libre class which gathers together all singleseaters and sports cars in one group?

Quote Originally Posted by rf84 View Post
    It is the only class I am aware of where someone can design and build a competitive car from scratch (as distinct from modifying an existing car)
    rf84, OK! sure! got it!!one can start with just some steel, nuts, bolts, etc and build a race car from scratch only limited by his imagination and cheque book!!

Dale M

Quote Originally Posted by Russ Noble View Post
    I agree.

I asked the following question to no avail in the FF thread.......

"Do any clubs in the NI have clubmans meetings?" These are basically mixed saloons grouped by capacity or lap times, plus a F Libre class which gathers together all singleseaters and sports cars in one group?
    Plenty do Russ, i started with Taupo Car Club 20 years ago, they run a clubmans come winter series meetings off season, these are a whole lot of fun with little expense!! im pretty sure Manfeild does as well? these are generally not advertised but details are obtained by belong to that club!! a great way to start into Motorsport. Also back them i use to attend the likes of "Corvette club" and "Ford Muscle Car Club" track days, i believe these still continue, they great for lots of track time!! but at this "Club Level" its a "all in group" so no "fairness" in vehicle performance! I moved on once the excitment at this level waned.

Dale M

Thanks for that Dale. I have carried this discussion across to the FF thread.

Semi-Pro Racer
    Dale. Yep. Ask Jamie-he built a car that held the lap record on the short Taupo clubby circuit for a long time (maybe still does).
    If you get a chance have a look at Mark Galvin's "Terra FX" sports racer. Unbelievably fast with a 1300 Suzuki Hayabusa engine and some very ingenious aerodynamic design.