Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: wheres all the pre65 pics??. from the heydays, lets have em fellas

Thanks AMCO. I didn't know it was THAT car! Some good YouTube stuff as I remember, dicing in the South Island.

Here are some photos taken at the December 08 Puke meeting.

World Champion
    Don't you just love the 'colourfulness' of pre65.........nothing dull or boring here.

Quote Originally Posted by AMCO72 View Post
    Don't you just love the 'colourfulness' of pre65.........nothing dull or boring here.
    Yep great class for sure spent a few years there thru the mud , dirt & sun shine....& Amco with yr son we shared some good times ........ great guys & gals......racing was fast & furious.. [& still is ].....I have a few piks of all over NZ circuts but my pc wont do it so sent to Steve , as time goes some will show up ...
    However there are some good piks on pre 65 site nz from dot one

Quote Originally Posted by AMCO72 View Post
    Yep great class for sure spent a few years there thru the mud , dirt & sun shine....& Amco with yr son we shared some good times ........ great guys & gals......racing was fast & furious.. [& still is ].....I have a few piks of all over NZ circuts but my pc wont do it so sent to Steve , as time goes some will show up ...
    However there are some good piks on pre 65 site nz from dot one

Here are a few more from the same meeting. They were great cars and brought back memories for me of the cars that raced in the 60's

These were taken at Taupo last year - some different cars there that I hadn't seen before.

Not sure that the Datsun Sunny was in the pre 65 class but I think it is a fantastic looking car and it goes like the proverbial off the shovel.

Quote Originally Posted by kiwi285 View Post
    Not sure that the Datsun Sunny was in the pre 65 class but I think it is a fantastic looking car and it goes like the proverbial off the shovel.
    The Datsun is not a Pre 65 with the B110 coming about in 1970 - even the first sunny the B10 was 1966-69. Now a bluebird 410/411 would be Pre65 as these models were 1963-67. I believe the 410/411 was the first Nissan/Datsun to be assembled here in NZ

Love watching the youtube in car from the Rush IMP aka 77.
    Mike L

Hey guys, such good stuff, and ADO13, read Austin / Morris 1300, versus a 57 Chevvy and everything in between, mind you the Fogg was always a quick Mini FWD driver

Taupo again

Semi-Pro Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Dowding View Post
    Hey guys, such good stuff, and ADO13, read Austin / Morris 1300, versus a 57 Chevvy and everything in between, mind you the Fogg was always a quick Mini FWD driver
    ADO13 was the Austin Healey Sprite, 1300 was ADO16
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amalgamated_Drawing_Office (where's the uber geek icon on this forum? )
    Last edited by Bryan; 03-28-2014 at 03:32 AM.

World Champion
    I have to say it again......just love the paint jobs on those pre65 machines........a lot of lateral thinking there.

I think this class might still just have the best RACING in NZ. Yes I mean racing, not 'follow ma' leader stuff'. Wonderful!

Yes I agree AMCO - where else can you see such a variety of cars, colour schemes and racing that has stood the test of time. Great to see different cars there - not just an Anglebox or Cortina grid.

Beats Tier 1 any day. Great field, great variety too.

Just a query but I presume these are not covered by a CoD, or are they?

Managed to catch up with Grant Sprague today and we had a great chat about historic motorsport. I'm sure it won't be the last. He gave me these two photos to post onto the Pre65 thread.

The Mustang photos was taken at Ruapuna in 1999 and was during the North/South challenge. This car won the championship too

The photo of the Anglia shows his championship winning car. Also in the photo are Roly Levis and Kerry Grant. This was one of at least two Anglias that Grant built up and raced.

Grant won 2 New Zealand and 4 North Island championships with these two cars.
    Last edited by kiwi285; 03-29-2014 at 05:50 AM.

Grant also thinks that the blue and white Anglia behind the red Cortina in photos 3 of post #31 is his old white car.