Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Circuit Cars racing on the Quarter Mile

Wow!!! That is a really great photo Bruce! Did Robin supply you with that one?

Quote Originally Posted by 225sloper View Post
    Here is a few more from the south drag racing at Ruapuna.NZ Hot Rod Magazine feb 85,photos by John Daley.Attachment 19136Attachment 19137
    I'm loving all these old clippings you've been posting up here sloper. Interesting to see the Kennard Cortina in its early guise with the different paint scheme and no big rear wing. Looks good like this!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Holmes View Post
    Wow!!! That is a really great photo Bruce! Did Robin supply you with that one?
    Yes, he did, I spent the day with him and have some great material.
    Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce302 View Post
    Here is a pic of Robin Tanner in the Firebird and looks to be up against John Windleburn in the Pontiac GTO convertible.
    I have a certificate naming Robin as the winner of E/gas.
    pic courtesy of Robin Tanner.

What sort of times was it doing Bruce? Must have been in the 12s?

Bruce- this is 19 January 1975, was this before the very wet GP meeting at Puke ?

What sort of times was it doing Bruce? Must have been in the 12s?

No time slips but typically the circuit sedans were doing mid to low 12's.

Bruce- this is 19 January 1975, was this before the very wet GP meeting at Puke ?

This was the week after the Jan 12th Pukekohe GP meeting, and the same day as the Wigram event, the 3rd of the 4 Peter Stuyvesant NZ meetings that made up the local part of the trans Tasman series.
    Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Holmes View Post
    I'm loving all these old clippings you've been posting up here sloper. Interesting to see the Kennard Cortina in its early guise with the different paint scheme and no big rear wing. Looks good like this!
    No problem guys,its all history and every little bit helps . . Love this site.

From the Feb 89 HRM.finished up getting a 14.3 @ 100 mph.Name:  drags 2a.jpg
Views: 737
Size:  174.6 KB

Semi-Pro Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce302 View Post
    Yes, he did, I spent the day with him and have some great material.
    Bruce.
    Did Robin tanner used to work for the Post Office as a Clerk of Works? We did a job down at Paengaroa, laying telephone cable, and I'm sure the CoW was Robin tanner - I'm sure he said he had a Firebird he raced......