Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Racing Capri's - photo thread

munt capri

Quote Originally Posted by gokiwi View Post
    or this version ?
    Attachment 32491
    Thanks gokiwi, thats the beast, I mainly remember it when it was sponsored by exhaust systems, and later on waterbed world, and yes spinner32, I remember john osborne had an ol ambulance, also v8 powered.

[QUOTE=Milan Fistonic;50759]It's a Capri but not as we know it.

I wonder if this is the same car when it was still road legal. Photograph from Baypark 1980

Name:  Old-Capri-Baypark-80.jpg
Views: 1426
Size:  149.3 KB

[QUOTE=BMCBOY;50866]
    Quote Originally Posted by Milan Fistonic View Post
    It's a Capri but not as we know it.

I wonder if this is the same car when it was still road legal. Photograph from Baypark 1980

Name:  Old-Capri-Baypark-80.jpg
Views: 1426
Size:  149.3 KB
    Great photo Ross... great attitude on the car ..

Quote Originally Posted by Jac Mac View Post
    Pierres car as it is currently, was white/blue/red originally, will be vastly improved with those wheels hopefully, the first set of SH Simmons were damn near square...
    Hi guys .seen this car at levels this weekend, pierre has sold it to andy lloyd

Baypark 1980

Name:  BakerHuxford-Capris-Baypark.jpg
Views: 1194
Size:  164.2 KB

They just get better Ross, thanks so much for sharing these magic photos.

Quote Originally Posted by BMCBOY View Post
    Name:  BakerHuxford-Capris-Baypark.jpg
Views: 1194
Size:  164.2 KB
    Staunch car. Awesome shot. Thanks for posting BMCBOY

World Champion

Whatever happened to the Huxford Capri? I assume its still around locked up somewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by TonyG View Post
    Another Capri that raced in NZ was the RS2600 that Norris Miles ran for a while. Anyone know what happened to it ?
    Not sure if anyone has provided an update on this. The RS2600 was not an original car but built as a replica...in much the same way dad built his. Initially dad and Terry Holtham were only going to build the engine but ended up doing a lot more. This extended to becoming pit crew during the 1976 / 1977 GTX Series. Norris won his class and I believe came 2nd outright...with Inky Tulloch winning the series in the Camaro. The car ran a few events after this and then Norris sold the car and headed to the UK. He now resides in Melbourne and mum and dad caught up with him at Phillip Island. The car exists today...lower North Island. Check out the HSC / HMC Facebook page for a photo posted there today.

Anthony Sampson