Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Racing Capri's - photo thread

Wink Racing Capri's - photo thread

Here are a few photos to start this one off.

Where are the photos of the green '74 RS3100 from Mike?

I am pretty sure that the car is a Broadspeed vehicle so they were probably taken at one of the English circuits

This from Brno 1981, copywrite Rudolf Fried

Whats the story on the Rennsport car Bruce? Looks mean.

It was a "Random Pic" on another site, I liked to look of it so I backed up a copy, Just in case that site got bombed by terrorists.

Bruce

The Fahey Capri... going slow

now - who is that photographer? The photo is about 1975 ish and its at Manfeild
    Attached Images Attached Images  

That would be one of the last races Fahey had in the car. Possibly the last.

speaking of the Wayne Huxford Capri

Last year I was kindly loaded all of Waynes archival photos and videos and copied the lot for him
    Heres a few of the Capri... (the SAME Capri!!!) I believe he's working on it again now and might run it again soon.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

A great car for sure. Mike has posted a shot of it in a very early guise above. Note the lack of large rear wing. When it first debuted at Bay Park in early 1979 it was still in primer black before the white paint appeared.

A few Aussie Sports Sedans from years gone by,

Laurie Attard

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Brett Curran

Craig Wildridge

Avon Hyde in the Clyde Collins owned Chevy V8 Capri, originally built for Frank Ryan. Where is it now?

Name:  Clyde 2.jpg
Views: 4069
Size:  95.3 KB

Semi-Pro Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Holmes View Post
    Avon Hyde in the Clyde Collins owned Chevy V8 Capri, originally built for Frank Ryan. Where is it now?

Name:  Clyde 2.jpg
Views: 4069
Size:  95.3 KB
    It was bought from a guy in Nelson about four years ago by Allan Pulley from Winton ( About the same time as I was building Pierre Neames Capri ), It had obviosly been lightened & modified considerably from how I remembered it from Frank Ryans & later Paul Kirks ownerships, dont know if Alan still has the car, he had a fairly serious off at Teretonga's hairpin in it at one of the SFOS meetings..

They made a great looking race car, the Capri.

Whoever that photographer is, he needs shooting for those trousers. Oh, wait, we all wore stuff like that (I, ahem, had a replica Starsky and Hutch knitted jacket/jumper).

Perhaps he could take up golf. That way he could still be wearing those trousers today.

Quote Originally Posted by Jac Mac View Post
    It was bought from a guy in Nelson about four years ago by Allan Pulley from Winton ( About the same time as I was building Pierre Neames Capri ), It had obviosly been lightened & modified considerably from how I remembered it from Frank Ryans & later Paul Kirks ownerships, dont know if Alan still has the car, he had a fairly serious off at Teretonga's hairpin in it at one of the SFOS meetings..
    The last time I saw it wwas several years ago when John Heslin still owned it. Still had the original 'works' style flares, but had the big wing on back. But I understand the flares have since been changed? The poor old nail deserves a good home.

What is the Pierre Neames Capri?

Quote Originally Posted by timbo61 View Post
    A few Aussie Sports Sedans from years gone by,

Laurie Attard

Brett Curran

Craig Wildridge

Do you have more info on these cars timbo? The Laurie Attard Capri dates back to the 70s doesn't it?