Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HMC AUSSIE TRIP TEST DAY AT HAMPTON DOWNS.

HMC AUSSIE TRIP TEST DAY AT HAMPTON DOWNS.

On Friday 17th May the eight HMC cars that are going to race in Queensland in June/July will be having a testing session from 12 noon to 4.30pm at Hampton Downs. Tony Roberts and Chris Watson have hired us the circuit at a very good rate, and in appreciation for that, we are going to invite other HMC cars and some `invitation only' log booked cars to come along as well. The cost is $150 per car for the afternoon, and it`ll be in 20 minute sessions. We are going to restrict the numbers to 20 cars. Please email your interest to Dale at dmathers@xtra.co.nz or me at vmt@xtra.co.nz It`ll be a good opportunity for an afternoon off work, do some skids, and support HMC.

This is awesome! I hope people get along to HD and cheer the guys on.

What a fantastic event the Trans-Tasman Challenge at QR and Lakeside will be.

You can bet that XA Smurf will be there giving the boys full support.

Journeyman Racer
    Go HMC! What a cool class.

I`ve had a few enquiries from guys with no roll cages wanting to do some skids at our test afternoon. As I explained to one today, there are plenty of normal track days to go to, we don`t want the responsibility for someone coming undone, getting hurt, stuffing it up for us, etc, etc. Come and support HMC by all means, but no cage, no skids.

Steve E- good call, its your party and it is a special test meeting for the boys going over and not a normal outing
    Last edited by John McKechnie; 05-08-2013 at 07:46 AM.

There several in the HSS(Historic Small Saloons) coming along!! a fun friendly day out!! as for the weather, we'll see!!

Dale M

There several in the HSS(Historic Small Saloons) coming along!! a fun friendly day out!! as for the weather, we'll see!!

But yes, must be "rollcaged" race cars

Dale M

Might just wander down to wave!

Have we got a Chief Photographer with some ability for a few hours next Friday afternoon please? I`m sure we`ll all buy some photos.

If I make it down, happy to take as many pics as you want, but I can't yet guarantee to be there.

Looks like a shitty wet day Friday, but i will be there!! along with a few others!! maybe a good time to sit around for a chat!!

Dale M

Dale, I think the Met Service must be powered by Ford - quite unreliable! - it`ll be fine!

Quote Originally Posted by fullnoise68 View Post
    Dale, I think the Met Service must be powered by Ford - quite unreliable! - it`ll be fine!
    Speaking of reliability, didn't the US govt bail out GM because of their unreliability as a business!!!!!!

Journeyman Racer
    That was just a clever strategy by GM to get money from the Government, which Fix Or Repair Daily didn't think of.

First On Race Day didn't need to. Business was booming and with good business strategies was able to survive without a handout. Speaking of repairs how is that 7 cylinder corvette coming on!!!!!!!

Would someone from HD area of Waikato like to give this site an hourly update tomorrow from 8.00am on to help us travellers understand what weather we will have there ?

Quote Originally Posted by John McKechnie View Post
    Would someone from HD area of Waikato like to give this site an hourly update tomorrow from 8.00am on to help us travellers understand what weather we will have there ?
    Friday - 7am Weather fine, light cloud, temp +/-12 deg no sign of rain yet

Thanks for the early start Frosty5, all fingers crossed

FORD... frightened of rainy days!!