Quote Originally Posted by ElCoyote View Post
Nothing wrong with your memory, Richard went several months earlier to set up the logistics and engineering with obvious results. I recall that Own had qualified the car but there was some difficulty getting an alternative driver in the seat due to politics. With the consent of other teams it was accomplished. Bill is a legend as an orator which helped.
i didnt realise how long it has been since having a look here.Bill and i met in 1994 to plan the le mans attack...it also involved bill getting up to speed license wise ,hence he did some F/vee for national license status and then embarked on the formula holden campaign to get his correct international license sorted.....i went to the Uk in 1995 to meet the new car at Parr motorsports shop south of london and after a brief shakedown at snetterton where the pristine red gt2 was backed into the tyres by paul edwards(short lived co driver)..we embarked into races at Donnington and Monthlerey as part of the BPR series and then sent her to Suzuka for the 1000km race.i also attended the full 10x days that is lemans in 95 to do a full recce of all aspects of the event.
we brought her back to NZ and fully freshened at my workshop in palmerston north prior to Bill and Owen battling in support races at the international asia pacific formula holden event at manfeild.
off then to Daytona for the 24hr with my 2x race spanners and linked up with parr motrosport guys....beleive it or not we were running 3rd outright at 16 hours when the engine went bang(thats another story).i remember doing live crossovers with i think Deaker as all of a sudden we were News as we ran near the front.
then we packed up mechanics /kids/nanny etc and moved to Surrey near the parr workshop and my boys ran Bills car and the poms ran the white car....we did monza/Jarama/lemans qually/silverstone and then the 24hr and we had generally great success with our pro-am driver line up against a couple of GT2's with factory drivers as now...
then boom it was over ...car rebuilt and given to new owner and we packed up and came home.
thats a fairly short overview...
i still have all the folders with lapcharts/results/notes etc etc.