Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Article: Ford Falcon Sprint

Semi-Pro Racer
    The 4 permitted Grp Nb cars in Oz run Glass panels and 289's...Not sure what year models they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellis View Post
    The 4 permitted Grp Nb cars in Oz run Glass panels and 289's...Not sure what year models they are.
    They're 64's...

Weekend Warrior
    Hi I have the #64 falcon sprint nb car. I made the panels from our own moulds. I run a 289 with 4 x 48IDA Weber carbs. I am hoping to come down to Muscle Car Masters this year & have a run. Our nb rules are the same as the rest of the country. Am looking forward to lining up with some other falcons....
    cheers Martin

Hey Martin, thats awesome! Do you have any photos you could post? Are you allowed any more freedoms in Nb over the Sprints that run in Na?

Semi-Pro Racer
    Na is pre 1958

Weekend Warrior
    I am not great with a computer. I will try once I have guidance!
    cheers!

Semi-Pro Racer
    Here is one while we wait....lol ..... Photographer Credit on pic

Saundo pic from Warwick Qld
    Last edited by Ellis; 05-15-2013 at 02:44 AM. Reason: Add pic

Semi-Pro Racer
    My spies in Qld tell me Martin is an engine builder with long experience and some excellent results which he may expand on here.

The car is only a couple of meetings old. It seems CAMS have relaxed the numbers regarding Nb Sprints somewhat which is great to hear as they should give almost anything else running Nb some hurry up on the right track.
    Last edited by Ellis; 05-15-2013 at 02:55 AM.

Here are a couple of photos of the Bob Tweedie Sprint at Silverstone in 2005, not long after it had arrived in the UK.

As for Martin White's Sprint, I will post some images soon.

Name:  Sprint_1.jpg
Views: 1397
Size:  108.3 KB

Name:  Sprint_2.jpg
Views: 1297
Size:  98.5 KB

Thanks for posting those, the Falcon looks superb!

Quote Originally Posted by Ellis View Post
    Here is one while we wait....lol ..... Photographer Credit on pic

Saundo pic from Warwick Qld
    Thanks Ellis, really nice looking car! Looks great on the American Racing style wheels. Most of them seem to have been fitted with Minilites.

Semi-Pro Racer
    We should have one of the JR car when it is all painted up to go ....with the construction pics back a bit.....
    pic taker not known

JR came to Tas interested in buying the Blue car when it was about 85% completed .He was going to turn it into TCM spec car from its Nb spec build but the owner wanted to take it thru to completion as Nb and pointed JR to the part built one he purchased....from S Aus from memory.
    Last edited by Ellis; 05-16-2013 at 10:06 PM.

Ellis, with the JR car being part built when he bought it, was it being built for Nb?

Semi-Pro Racer
    The one he bought had been started ( or was going to be built) as Nb and then stopped as owner bought a ready to go Nb if I remember correctly.
    Not sure how much work had been done on it.

Thanks Ellis. So it sounds like the maximum number of Falcon Sprints allowed by CAMS might have been lifted?

Semi-Pro Racer
    Talked to Martin White #64 / 99 by email and he said he had no problems getting his log booked Nb. so assume cap lifted.
    His is only 2 or 3 race meetings old so assume relatively recently log booked.

Thanks Ellis.

By the way, the Iso Rivolta of Laurie Donaher I mentioned earlier in this post, there is a photo of it in the latest Australian Muscle Car mag, in the article on Group N. I'll try and scan it.

I was speaking with Laurie at Eastern Creek last year & he told me that he wished he still had the car, the front seats in Laurie,s Iso were made up from fibreglass Lotus Cortina shells that I hade made for him during his ownership of the car.
    Daniel Tracey

Thanks for that, great info! Did he say what happened to the Iso?

Here is the AMC picture of the car (behind the Mustang Geoghegan guest drove) back in 1989. You can't see much but at least the colour scheme can be seen.

Name:  Australian Nc 1 copy.jpg
Views: 1452
Size:  142.4 KB

Semi-Pro Racer
    A few of Martins car he fwd to me to post for him...

Martin may do the engine for the Comet ?? The Sprint has the legs on it on longer straights according to my spy.

Last edited by Ellis; 05-17-2013 at 05:15 AM. Reason: Note added