Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Article: Ford Falcon Sprint

Agree Bill, Its such a shame to see them cut up, or any period car for that matter.
    The Falcon would require a lot of work to get it where it should be but all do-able and well worth it.
    I would like to get an original Monte Carlo Rallye Sprint car to restore. I would not care what condition.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul B View Post
    Agree Bill, Its such a shame to see them cut up, or any period car for that matter.
    The Falcon would require a lot of work to get it where it should be but all do-able and well worth it.
    I would like to get an original Monte Carlo Rallye Sprint car to restore. I would not care what condition.
    As with many 'collectable' cars, there appear to be more 'original' 1964 Rally Sprints than were ever consigned to Alan Mann. Back in the early 1990s I had a lot of correspondence with Julian Balme and he was of the view that there was only (at that time) one genuine '64 Rally Sprint in the UK and it belonged to a guy named Rob Sherring whom, I believe, worked with Graham Hill back in the era. Julian believed there was one other original car and it was in Sweden. There there was the Frank Gardiner car in which he won the 1967 British Touring Car Championship -- nobody seems to know what happened to that car? Those are the only three originals I have ever been aware of. Interesting!

Julian has a fabulous-looking '64 himself, but has never claimed it as an original, any more than my car is!

I will send you a pic if the Sherring car to your email address which you should feel free to upload here -- I seem to have trouble doing that!

World Champion
    Here is a 1993 race from Snetterton where Dennis Clark, driving a 1964 Alan Mann ? Falcon # 9 is shown briefly.
    Is this one of the original ones ?
    Some enjoyable sounds from all cars involved..

Snetterton, 3.5.1993, 1960s Saloon Cars' Race.

Name:  Dennis Clark's 1964 Ford Falcon.jpg
Views: 767
Size:  150.3 KB
    (Dennis Clark. 1964 Ford Falcon )

( Ken H )
    Last edited by khyndart in CA; 12-06-2017 at 08:35 AM.

I think this ^^ may be a recreation of the Allan Mann/ Frank Gardiner car,
    which now is in USA as you found Ken on page 7 post #134
    Also the original MCR cars had Michigan Registration plates.

http://www.vrmotors.com/ford_falcon_1964.html

Quote Originally Posted by bmeeke View Post
    As with many 'collectable' cars, there appear to be more 'original' 1964 Rally Sprints than were ever consigned to Alan Mann. Back in the early 1990s I had a lot of correspondence with Julian Balme and he was of the view that there was only (at that time) one genuine '64 Rally Sprint in the UK and it belonged to a guy named Rob Sherring whom, I believe, worked with Graham Hill back in the era. Julian believed there was one other original car and it was in Sweden. There there was the Frank Gardiner car in which he won the 1967 British Touring Car Championship -- nobody seems to know what happened to that car? Those are the only three originals I have ever been aware of. Interesting!

Julian has a fabulous-looking '64 himself, but has never claimed it as an original, any more than my car is!

I will send you a pic if the Sherring car to your email address which you should feel free to upload here -- I seem to have trouble doing that!
    Rob Sherring’s original Falcon Rallye Sprint hard at work somewhere in the UK
    Name:  Rob Sherring’s original Falcon Rallye Sprint.jpg
Views: 765
Size:  166.4 KB

Graham Hill’s battered Falcon Rallye Sprint during the 1964 Monte Carlo Rally
    Name:  Graham Hill MCR.jpg
Views: 747
Size:  138.7 KB
    Last edited by Paul B; 12-06-2017 at 10:46 AM.

your photo showing car number11 is taken at brands hatch with the car turning into druids

Quote Originally Posted by 928 View Post
    your photo showing car number11 is taken at brands hatch with the car turning into druids
    Thanks 928... Great spotting!
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by bmeeke View Post
    Sounds a bit like the Aussie Ford Falcon GTHO ph 3. There were 300 made.

Now there are only 700 left on the road.......