Thread: Photos: The Charles Houser Collection

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BRM entered the Can-Am in 1970 with their Tony Southgate designed P154. A handsome car, and well designed and laid out, it boasted a couple of nice features, including the clever rear shaping of the front wheel openings to let under body air out through the side, rather than the top of the car. Aerodynamically it fired through the air well, and interestingly didn't feature a rear wing of any kind. Unfortunately BRM were more interested in their F1 efforts, and the P154 was never developed as well as it should have been.

Here, long-time Can-Am privateer George Eaton gets set for his second outing as a factory driver. He'd be joined later in the season by Pedro Rodriguez in a second P154, but sadly these cars never achieved the results they might have.

I remember seeing one of the P154's racing at Silverstone in the mid-1990s at a historic event. It looked and sounded fantastic, and was a match for the McLaren's, although of course cars in historic racing are rarely driven to the same levels they were in period. Interestingly, the car I saw had sprouted an adjustable rear wing which wasn't part of Southgate's design.

Name:  IMG_0004.jpg
Views: 3194
Size:  122.8 KB

World Champion
    I had a bit of a fiddle to try and improve the detail
    Attached Images Attached Images