Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: MSNZ - Schedule K and T&C and maybe FIA HTP related questions info etc

Yes thanks for posting that up Dale - a good read for those that have not seen this before. It explains the reasoning behind the whole FIA HTP and what is involved in getting and having HTP.

Mike

I need to make a correction to my post above - I will do that now but just spotted this in the FIA Appendix K

Cars without an international competition history but which have a competition history in national championship events or other significant national events of equivalent status may also be accepted.
    I guess the key words in that is "may also be accepted"

also from the FIA Appendix K
    If a model has not taken part in period in international races, HTPs of corresponding cars must be submitted to the HMSC supported by evidence from the relevant ASN that the model has a history in period of competition in events of national significance.
    Last edited by nzeder; 05-31-2013 at 07:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nzeder View Post
    Yes thanks for posting that up Dale - a good read for those that have not seen this before. It explains the reasoning behind the whole FIA HTP and what is involved in getting and having HTP.

Mike

I need to make a correction to my post above - I will do that now but just spotted this in the FIA Appendix K

I guess the key words in that is "may also be accepted"

also from the FIA Appendix K
    So where does a new all comers race car that you may have started fit in.

Quote Originally Posted by CUSTAXIE50 View Post
    So where does a new all comers race car that you may have started fit in.
    Good question - if in "period" and as stated in the FIA Appendix K and I quote
    If a model has not taken part in period in international races, HTPs of corresponding cars must be submitted to the HMSC supported by evidence from the relevant ASN that the model has a history in period of competition in events of national significance.
    So if the "all comers race car" you are talking about fits the above quote and you can prove this without a doubt then it, and again I quote
    Cars without an international competition history but which have a competition history in national championship events or other significant national events of equivalent status may also be accepted.
    It might be accepted by the FIA for HTP - but that is up to them - so if HTP or Schedule K is something you are considering with a car (or if you think you would like to replica a car of a period etc) then I think it would be wise to check first before you even start to build/purchase a car to ensure you are not going down the road that has no ending/path to race.

After all this reading of the regs MSNZ Schedule K, Schedule T&C and the FIA Appendix K and knowing that it will be a long long time before I have $$/or factory original/sports option parts to make my car FIA HTP (given it was a 1/2 complete project) so I will go T&C rules and COD as the car fits those rules better in its current state.

I hope some of the info posted does help others understand some of the differences and how important it is to read the regs before you start a fresh build etc.

Sadly, internationally, it therefore appears the FIA outlaws models that were NOT raced in period internationally or even nationally, even if the car is 100% period correct.

Fortunately, a CoD here would be issued for such a car and it would therefore be eligible to race in NZ, but even though period correct or even 100% standard, not overseas in an Appendix K meeting - which I find rather odd.

Yes it does seem that way Ray. Under the FIA Appendix K it states if no international history but some national championship event...so not even a local clubmans meeting from back in the day counts either and then it MAY also be accepted that does not mean it will be, just that the FIA HTP committee may consider the application that is all