Thread: Photos: The Geoff Russell Collection

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    [QUOTE=GFR;30115]These black and white images were taken on the day that Renault brought a Le Mans car to Amaroo Park and paraded it around on the back of a little truck - I am unsure of the date but it must have been post-June 1977 as they were "celebrating" their Le Mans win.]

Maybe post June 1978 when Renault Alpines won Le Mans. All the ELF Alpines retired in ignominy with engine failure in 1977 (at about the same time and for the same reason as the year before), I doubt Renault would have been celebrating that.

World Champion
    [QUOTE=Howard Wood;30118]
    Quote Originally Posted by GFR View Post
    These black and white images were taken on the day that Renault brought a Le Mans car to Amaroo Park and paraded it around on the back of a little truck - I am unsure of the date but it must have been post-June 1977 as they were "celebrating" their Le Mans win.]

Maybe post June 1978 when Renault Alpines won Le Mans. All the ELF Alpines retired in ignominy with engine failure in 1977 (at about the same time and for the same reason as the year before), I doubt Renault would have been celebrating that.
    1978 for sure http://www.autopics.com.au/item.mibiznez?id=10218

Journeyman Racer
    Thanks Howard, that makes good sense. I remember thinking at the time that it would have been nice if they had actually driven the car around the circuit under its own power - and I found the photos:

Name:  ElfRenault1w.jpg
Views: 1647
Size:  80.7 KB

Name:  ElfRenault2w.jpg
Views: 1676
Size:  88.4 KB