Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Fahey Capri : From Le Mans to Levin and even Coronet Peak !!

World Champion
    HI guys, I know this is an odd question, however, I am in the process of repainting my ute, can someone tell me the exact colour of the dark blue on the Fahey Capri. I know it is not Ford Blue, as that is much lighter in colour. any help greatfully received.
    Regards
    Sean McBride

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Holmes View Post
    Yeah thats right, can't see much of it in the shot, but there weren't that many of them. I wonder what happened to it.
    If you mean the torana. Ended up with Russel Due at Taihape for a long time. Ended its life bouncing off the fence fairly heavily at taupo (in front of the club rooms) gee, possibly around 1987 maybe.

I was there Roger when that happened, and it was a big hit not a nice one at all. Those little esse's caught a few. It was the fence infront of clubrooms or if you went inside it was fence infront of pits, or if you were lucky you just missed the pit fence and across grass towards the microcharpa trees. It was around 86/87 as we were at all the meetings those years.

Semi-Pro Racer

Nice photos Tony and some special cars in there. You can also just glimpse Red Dawsons DeKon Monza, the first DeKon Monza built.

I have a couple of shots I took under the bonnet at Pukekohe once.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Ross, again, fantastic! With these sorts of posts, and the ones you posted yesterday on the DeKon 1001 Monza, I really look forward to what you're about to share next.

Semi-Pro Racer
    Updates?

Weekend Warrior
    Australia/Melbourne/ex pat Kiwi/Halswell/Christchurch
    Hi Rodger can you tell us all how the rebuild is going on the capri.
    I remember this car well when it raced at
    Ruapuna - Timaru - Wigram -

When it reappears it would be so cool if you drove one Capri & your son drove the other nobody else has ever do that before.