Thread: Film Archive footage of Formula One drivers racing at Teretonga , 1950s ,60s, 70s

World Champion

Film Archive footage of Formula One drivers racing at Teretonga , 1950s ,60s, 70s

Last edited by bry3500; 06-24-2013 at 09:50 AM.

Weekend Warrior
    Thank you

From memory (which is a bit foggy) 47 Formula 1 drivers have competed at Teretonga including 9 Formula 1 World Champions. Who can name the 9?

Quote Originally Posted by CRC View Post
    From memory (which is a bit foggy) 47 Formula 1 drivers have competed at Teretonga including 9 Formula 1 World Champions. Who can name the 9?
    Brabham, Stewart, Clark, G.Hill, P.Hill, Rindt, Hulme, Surtees, Rosberg.
    Whats the prize Clive?

YHo BRY Brilliant clip keep them comming Jamie A

World Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by jamie View Post
    YHo BRY Brilliant clip keep them comming Jamie A
    Cheers Jamie - when are you coming back to Oz?

Yo Bry be sydney on 16 July. May be your way late Oct Early Sept will let know. Jamie A

World Champion
    You know, just over a year ago I started a thread featuring some of the now late Kevin Thomsons photographs, one which, until his recent passing he had continued, but I started it with his photographs from the first meet at Teretonga back in 1958. They can be found here http://www.theroaringseason.com/show...ing-well-newer

Sean, they are very special photos, and now very poignant. What a great record of a very special place, and a magnificent era.

World Champion
    Yeah Rhys, aren't they just. It just reminds you that life is short and there are too many stories untold. You know we look around the members online here at TRS, too much will be lost when people pass.
    I look at my own father in law, a man who, until recently was the head steam engine restorer at Powerhouse Museum in Sydney, his combined staff of volunteers were, at a guess, an average age of well over 50, nearly 60 and that age was only brought down by a 35 year old woman, however the point is that there are skills that he has that are not being taught anymore, skills that are still valid and useful.

You are very right. I have been spending time learning to not only steer, but drive a traction engine, at least some is being passed down, of course I am well into the same statistic. Now I can not progress any more as the museum can't get funding to replace boiler tubes. You have not felt horsepower till you experience steam!