I've not been on here much lately, as I've been charging around the countryside visiting people for a book I'm working on about motorbikes. But the manuscript is now done, and I can get back to some normality again.

Name:  IMG_7183s.jpg
Views: 2498
Size:  163.1 KB

One of the people featured in the bikes book is my good buddy Brett Harman. Brett is a clever guy, and about the most creative person I know. He used to work in the film industry making props for tv ad's etc. Now he makes various artistic sculptures, etc, which he sells. He made his own house, starting with a half-round barn, building a second floor within it, and creating the end walls from straw bales. Its awesome! It was featured a few years ago on the tv series My House My Castle, and won House Of The Year on that program.

He is a petrolhead, and has been riding motorbikes since he was a kid. His motorbike collection is made up of several Moto Guzzi's, including the 1972 classic race bike pictured here which he is restoring. He also owns and is restoring a Steve Roberts Suzuki TR250 that was raced by Geoff Perry in the early '70s.

A few months back Brett decided he wanted to make a large scale model Spitfire aeroplane. He created the framework from steel rod, shaping each piece until it was right, then welding each piece together, before then covering it in tin sheet. He then painted it to make it look weathered.

Name:  spit2.jpg
Views: 2871
Size:  48.7 KB

Name:  spit1.jpg
Views: 2363
Size:  44.1 KB

I never saw the Spitfire, he sold it not long after he'd finished making it. These are pics he took of it. The 44 gallon drum propping it up gives an idea of its size.